PDA

View Full Version : The differences in smoke cloud markers

Andy Blozinski
04-10-2014, 19:24
Check out the attached photo. That top white cloud is the one I got from the Kickstarter. The rest are more recent production I got, with some paint on them. The newer ones are much more translucent. Notice on the left how the brown paper shows through, or on the right the grey backed paint shows through. I'm going to have to scrape the grey paint off and try white paint, then coat it with grey again. That way white will shows through the top surface and then it will look grey when I flip it over.

Old Salt
04-10-2014, 19:34
I think I will use a cotton ball, pulled to shape. It is what I use in musket and tomahawk game with black powder muskets

Andy Blozinski
04-10-2014, 20:11
I think I will use a cotton ball, pulled to shape. It is what I use in musket and tomahawk game with black powder muskets
But you can't flip the cotton ball over to the other side as a loading guns marker.

Gunner
04-10-2014, 20:51
Did you get the translucent ones from the Anchorage?

Andy Blozinski
04-11-2014, 05:55
Did you get the translucent ones from the Anchorage?

Yes

The Royal Hajj
04-11-2014, 06:31
Looks like I cut a batch using the wrong acrylic. I've got white and translucent white (for my Wings of Glory clouds). I'll have to cut another batch and pull these translucent ones off the shelf.

Andy, sorry about this. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll happily send you some new ones out.

The Royal Hajj
04-11-2014, 06:35
Oh, a thought just came to me. If one was so inclined, they could paint the back of the clouds to show a bit of fire at the firing edge and blend white to light grey smoke going further out. Then cover that with a solid coat of your "reloading" color on the back. That would give you a muted or subdued fire look (since the plastic is a milky white) when viewed from the top, and solid on the back (protecting the detailed paint work).

7eat51
04-11-2014, 08:00
I'll have to cut another batch and pull these translucent ones off the shelf.

Clearance sale? Maybe the T.J. Maxx of SGN accessories?

Gunner
04-11-2014, 10:09
Clearance sale? Maybe the T.J. Maxx of SGN accessories?

Good idea. I'd like to experiment with about five sets or so.