Thought I would try and re-post some photo's and see if it works

Be safe
Rory

Cmmdre
03-12-2014, 20:10
Very nice harbor Rory. Glad you re-posted these images. :thumbsup: :medal:

7eat51
03-12-2014, 20:54
Thank you, Rory. Your work was among the first posted here. To have lost it would have been a loss for many reasons.

As before, truly beautiful work, my Friend.

John Paul
03-12-2014, 21:22
Excellent build there, Rory!! Reminds me of the one some fellow did showing the Siege of Toulon many years ago in Wargames Illustrated using the Langton ships and buildings.

Пилот
03-13-2014, 01:41
Nice harbor. Good work. I like those little boats.

Nightmoss
03-13-2014, 08:48
Rory, thanks for re-posting your harbor photos. Beautiful work like this should be shared. I hope over time you can redo some of your others pictures too? :hatsoff:

DeRuyter
03-13-2014, 14:18
Looks awesome! Great work as always. Thanks for reposting!

Haggisblower
03-13-2014, 14:53
That's amazing, just started thinking about doing something like that. You sir are an inspiration and have set the benchmark very high

Devsdoc
03-13-2014, 17:08
First, thank you all for the nice words. I have to find a way to get my guide back up. I downloaded the whole thread from here to myself. Vol edited the whole thing into a working blog like set-up. I would like to re-post. Bare in mind I'm hopeless at I.T. stuff so if you think shipmates would like to see it, How can I re-post it?

Excellent build there, Rory!! Reminds me of the one some fellow did showing the Siege of Toulon many years ago in Wargames Illustrated using the Langton ships and buildings.

Paul,
Rod Langton made the diorama of the Siege of Toulon for the 200th anniversary of the siege in 1993. That is the one you saw. It was big 8ft x 4ft. Mine is 4ft x 2ft. No one wanted it??????? So it was broken up. Rod still has some of it. But all the parts of the diorama were used for Rod Langton's harbour series. All of which one can buy from Langton's. Mine comes in 4 parts for moving and storing, harbour, town and 2 shore-lines. It is a thing of love and I will not say how much it cost, or how long it took to make and plan, but no one who has seen it has not liked it or wish to steal it. I do use it a lot as a part of a game or just back-ground.
Be safe
Rory

7eat51
03-13-2014, 19:55
Hi Rory,

Are you wanting to place your guide as a "How To", a file, a blog, or a new thread?

I believe it was a "How To". If that is correct, it will take admin help to reload.

I am happy to help as much as I can. Let me know what you are hoping to do.

Cheers, my Friend,
Eric

Devsdoc
03-13-2014, 20:36
Hi Rory,

Are you wanting to place your guide as a "How To", a file, a blog, or a new thread?

I believe it was a "How To". If that is correct, it will take admin help to reload.

I am happy to help as much as I can. Let me know what you are hoping to do.

Cheers, my Friend,
Eric

Hi Eric,
It is in 3 parts. I do believe I have sent you or Sue all or 2 parts of the guide as done by Vol for me. I would be happy to get it up again as a "how to" if you think it is a thing people would like to see. If I have only sent you 2 parts let me know and I will send the 3rd part to you. If you think you can get it up again that is O.K. by me. I will wait to hear from you here or by PM
Be safe
Rory

csadn
03-14-2014, 15:15
Rod Langton made the diorama of the Siege of Toulon for the 200th anniversary of the siege in 1993. That is the one you saw. It was big 8ft x 4ft. Mine is 4ft x 2ft. No one wanted it??????? So it was broken up.

Dumb Question: Was Langton's version not able to be stored "broken-down"? I ask because that might be why no one wanted it; having dealt with Things 4' x 8', I can tell you they are stunningly inconvenient.... :)

Devsdoc
03-14-2014, 17:08
Dumb Question: Was Langton's version not able to be stored "broken-down"? I ask because that might be why no one wanted it; having dealt with Things 4' x 8', I can tell you they are stunningly inconvenient.... :)

Hi Chris,
I know it is bad enough packing and moving my harbour. I cannot answer your question. He just said no one wanted it and it hung around for sometime, so got broken up. He has some parts laying around. Was it in one piece or a number of pieces I do not know, Rod did not say. I am very surprised no one wanted it? One of our naval museums or a French one not wanting it. Maybe as it was not a victory for us,and was betrayed in the French eyes. It is just sad it is no more. But without it we would not have the parts to make our ones. I have seen photo's of the Toulon diorama and going around old Portsmouth harbour was in my head for years until I made mine. All I can say "Thanks Rod for my harbour" :medal:.
Be safe
Rory

John Paul
03-14-2014, 21:36
Rory,

I thought the Toulon Harbor was originally Rod's work, but as I no longer have that issue of the magazine on hand I couldn't verify it to be sure. It was a shame he had to break it up, as it was definitely a work of art!!

Devsdoc
03-15-2014, 07:14
Rory,

I thought the Toulon Harbor was originally Rod's work, but as I no longer have that issue of the magazine on hand I couldn't verify it to be sure. It was a shame he had to break it up, as it was definitely a work of art!!

Hi Paul,
I to do not have a photo of the harbour. I do know someone posted photos on this site before the hack. So maybe they can re-post it. As far as I re-call it was beautiful.
Be safe
Rory

Nightmoss
03-15-2014, 09:19
Small photo on Langton's website here: http://www.rodlangton.com/napoleonic/toulon.htm

Devsdoc
03-15-2014, 10:18
Small photo on Langton's website here: http://www.rodlangton.com/napoleonic/toulon.htm

Thinks Jim :thumbsup: :salute:
Be safe
RORY

Avi
03-17-2014, 01:44
First, thank you all for the nice words. I have to find a way to get my guide back up. I downloaded the whole thread from here to myself. Vol edited the whole thing into a working blog like set-up. I would like to re-post. Bare in mind I'm hopeless at I.T. stuff so if you think shipmates would like to see it, How can I re-post it?

What about "PDFing" the lot - it will make it into one continues document, that can be uploaded into the downloaded section.
If you have it as discrete pages I can "print it" into a single PDF (or any one else with a PDF creator installed).

PM me if you think this will help.

Avi

Devsdoc
03-17-2014, 18:52
What about "PDFing" the lot - it will make it into one continues document, that can be uploaded into the downloaded section.
If you have it as discrete pages I can "print it" into a single PDF (or any one else with a PDF creator installed).

PM me if you think this will help.

Avi

Hi Avi,
Eric our clark is looking into it. I am waiting to hear from him. If he cannot help me I will post you. Thanks :thumbsup:
Be safe
Rory

Naharaht
03-17-2014, 22:08
I missed the pictures of your harbour the first time around, Rory, but thank you for re-posting them. That is an excellent piece of modelling! :salute: