PDA

View Full Version : Sails of Glory Facebook Story--Spanish Edition to be Published Next Week

Nightmoss
03-11-2014, 21:46
SoG's top story on their FB page indicates that the Spanish edition of the game will be published next week. Also a very interesting story covering WoW/WoG and SoG development in Spanish and English.

https://www.facebook.com/SailsOfGlory

http://www.jugamostodos.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4813&Itemid=24

For reasons that will be obvious to some I especially enjoyed reading this quote:

Remain vigilant, Spanish ships of the Napoleonic era will come soon.

John Paul
03-12-2014, 00:58
Regarding the Spanish Ships that IS very welcome news!!!!

The Royal Hajj
03-12-2014, 06:29
I'm actually eying the new Spanish release as a possible source for Starter Sets out there. As long as one does not need the rules, everything else should be quite usable.

Nightmoss
03-12-2014, 08:41
I'm actually eying the new Spanish release as a possible source for Starter Sets out there. As long as one does not need the rules, everything else should be quite usable.

Good point. I hadn't thought about that. I wonder how many starter sets will be produced?

DeRuyter
03-12-2014, 14:21
The article also may contain a hint at future directions for SoG or could it be Oars of Glory:

"JT@: SoG starts in Napoleonic times. The air-war is limited to modern centuries, but with sea-war you can explore many historic periods. Will we see SoG thought the human history?

I hope so, with time. As I told you I see a limit from 20th century onward, when manoeuvring lost importance and fleets started firing their guns from rotating turrets at many kilometres of distance - maybe a system like ours could work well for small WW2 boats, but not for real battleships. Anyway I think that advancing in 19th century ships could be interesting, and going back through Middle Ages to ancient times represents a very promising direction. I think that we will see something relatively soon."

Andrea is also quoted elsewhere as being interested in triremes. :hmmm:

More Napoleonic waves first though!

Naharaht
03-12-2014, 20:39
Would a new starter set be Spanish versus British or are there other possibilities?