PDA

View Full Version : Marking Felt Mats

Craig
03-08-2014, 14:52
I've got a couple of metres (2m x 0.9m) of blue felt (http://www.theremnantwarehouse.com.au/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Felt__Militia_530e9bed4a76c.jpg) on the way, and I'm thinking of marking it up with a grid similar to that found on the standard play mat.

Can anyone think of anything better than a dark blue Sharpie for doing the markings? How thick a Sharpie? And does anyone have the grid measurements handy?

--
Craig

Nightbomber
03-09-2014, 03:26
I painted my felt mat for SGN, but would not dare to draw any grid lines. I am afraid the lines would not look perect/straight/ideal. Just 2 cents.

Пилот
03-09-2014, 05:29
Craig,

I'm, not sure, but afraid, felt is going to stretch during time, so, even if you manage to draw straight lines (which should be no problem if you tight the felt well), they could become curvy at the end.

Nightbomber
03-10-2014, 06:09
Craig,

I'm, not sure, but afraid, felt is going to stretch during time, so, even if you manage to draw straight lines (which should be no problem if you tight the felt well), they could become curvy at the end.

It depends on the felt thickness, Heмaњa. My mat is made of very thick and hard felt, much harder than that used by Eric from HotzMat.

Пилот
03-13-2014, 16:11
Then it maybe could work?

bakblast
03-13-2014, 21:00
Snap a chaulk line, then go over them with a fine stich on a sewing machine.

But don't sew your fingers together....that hurts.