PDA

View Full Version : Wave 2 Ships

SeaRoyal20
03-04-2014, 12:25
I ordered two sets of the wave 2 ships not realizing that each were "three of". I don't know that I want 6 of each.

Are there other ships similar to these classes that they can be used pretty much as is - say for Spanish?

Or should I cut my order down to 1 set?

Diamondback
03-04-2014, 12:52
Not necessarily Spanish, but I have a list of known reprint-potential for the existing sculpts in the Files section's moderation queue. The Swan sloops there were almost 30 of, and derivatives of the Hebe 38's were built in ridiculous numbers by both the British and French--I'd go so far as to call it ironic that the same basic design became the backbone of both major frigate fleets in the Napoleonic Wars.

The First Rates don't really have a lot of stretching going for 'em, though.

The Royal Hajj
03-04-2014, 13:46
The file has been approved.

Пилот
03-04-2014, 18:01
I ordered two sets of the wave 2 ships not realizing that each were "three of". I don't know that I want 6 of each.

Are there other ships similar to these classes that they can be used pretty much as is - say for Spanish?

Or should I cut my order down to 1 set?
If ship cards are double sided, and if you have group and space big enough to play bigger battles, you shouldn't have the problem with double order.

Beowulf03809
03-05-2014, 07:13
Not necessarily Spanish, but I have a list of known reprint-potential for the existing sculpts in the Files section's moderation queue. The Swan sloops there were almost 30 of, and derivatives of the Hebe 38's were built in ridiculous numbers by both the British and French--I'd go so far as to call it ironic that the same basic design became the backbone of both major frigate fleets in the Napoleonic Wars.

The First Rates don't really have a lot of stretching going for 'em, though.

I am going to have to pull that list down later today before I forget about it! Thanks!!

Regarding the 2x Wave 2 purchases, if you can afford it up front I think you'll be happy. As mentioned above the smaller ships have a lot of replay value and you can do some repainting (or maybe get some help with that if you want) to represent other ships. As for the larger ones, they may not be as re-usable but there are some engagements where both the A and B side of the ship were present in the same fight. So having two each is good there. Additionally, the larger ships have the best chance of resale online or maybe even locally. Considering the discount on the KS purchase you may be able to make up a fair amount of the second set reselling some duplicate First Rates if you're not interested in them. If there's supply / demand issues for Wave 2 as we've seen for some Wave 1 you may make out better than expected.

But I know for myself money's not as fluid as I wish it was, so even though I really want duplicates of a couple things and I really want to fatten up on the Sloops and Hebe's I'm just going to have to limit myself to one set initially. It still doubles my existing fleet size though!

:rum:

BSG_Fan
04-21-2014, 16:17
I am wondering if Keith or anyone else has an update on the release date for Wave 2. I checked the Kickstarter comments, and Ares has been responding to questions but hasn't mentioned the release date again. Is wave 2 still supposed to be ready in May?

The Royal Hajj
04-21-2014, 19:07
I think we are looking at the 1st or 2nd week of June now.

Nightmoss
04-21-2014, 23:19

Well, that effectively eliminates half of the entries in Ed's Wave 2 contest. Should have known it was going to slip. I reckon that will also push back the Victory and Constitution? I was really hoping the special editions might be at GenCon?

The Royal Hajj
04-22-2014, 04:50
I'm not sure if it slipped the specials or not... all depends on what caused the slight delay.

David Manley
04-22-2014, 11:33

Roberto assured me that they would be available in the UK in June so i'm quite hopeful of that date, and also that they may be looking at a speedier method of distribution beyond the US

The Royal Hajj
04-23-2014, 10:15
and also that they may be looking at a speedier method of distribution beyond the US

I would think that is higher on their list these days since they have launched several new games in the past two years.