PDA

View Full Version : Approved Demo Games?

John Paul
03-03-2014, 20:40
I read this somewhere either a thread here on the Anchorage, or maybe the Ares Web Site. So what exactly is an "Approved" Demo Game? How does one go about getting such approval, and who do you contact to obtain an approval for a demo game?

I ask because my group puts on two conventions a year and I was wondering what, if any, support I would get by obtaining such approval!

7eat51
03-03-2014, 21:56
I am not sure if this is what you are referring to, but in 2013, we had demo games being played, and we (The Anchorage) were issuing medals for participants and GMs. Starting with 1 January 2014, we started issuing medals for major and minor cons. Similarly, during 2013, Ares provided demo ships, cards, etc. We floated those around to different individuals who were running demo games at conventions. Now with the game being released, folks will use their own collections.

Ares might have stated something concerning running demo games, but I am not aware of anything substantial. Keith might know something more.

The Royal Hajj
03-04-2014, 07:09
I've not heard anything from Ares regarding Demo Games.

John Paul
03-04-2014, 20:41
Thanks Eric, and Keith! After thinking on it I may have read something from Ares' Facebook page a few weeks ago, and with the passage of time just got it confused from what was actually stated. While reading another thread here last night the questioned popped into my head, and I went looking for the article but couldn't find it again. So I thought I would ask those who might have an answer! :smack: Now I've got my mind right again!! :thumbsup: