PDA

View Full Version : WAVE 2 & STARTER SETS

Gunner
03-01-2014, 22:25
Does anyone know, or heard, if the reprint starter sets will be shipped with Wave 2?

Don't touch the same keys that I have, or you could catch the flu.

Berthier
03-01-2014, 22:46
Sorry to hear you're not well Ed, rum and (anything) might help you through :rum:

Gunner
03-01-2014, 23:17
Sorry to hear you're not well Ed, rum and (anything) might help you through :rum:

Thanks for your concern and advice Dan:drinks:, but being the good Polack that I am, I just started the Belvedere cure.

Gaz67
03-02-2014, 06:30
Ed, as a Scotsman I suggest a hot toddy before you go to bed, Whiskey, honey and boiling water (cloves, cinnamon and sugar if you want to get fancy).

Nightmoss
03-02-2014, 08:26
Haven't heard or read anything that indicates Wave 2 ships and the reprint starter sets will be shipped at the same time. It would make sense to do so, but overseas production is pretty unpredictable?

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Drink lots of liquids (of various persuasions) and get lots of rest!

7eat51
03-02-2014, 14:08
Hoping you feel better, Ed.

I imagine the starter set would be a periodic reprint, and I would not be surprised if there are two printings this year, especially if the next one sells out quickly. Unlike some of the ships in a given wave, I think new players would typically desire the ships in the starter set. It's hard to beat the value, especially from most of the online retailers.

Nightbomber
03-02-2014, 14:41
Thanks for your concern and advice Dan:drinks:, but being the good Polack that I am, I just started the Belvedere cure.

That is the cure for a real Man of the sea:)

Nightbomber
03-02-2014, 14:45
Hoping you feel better, Ed.

I imagine the starter set would be a periodic reprint, and I would not be surprised if there are two printings this year, especially if the next one sells out quickly. Unlike some of the ships in a given wave, I think new players would typically desire the ships in the starter set. It's hard to beat the value, especially from most of the online retailers.

Right, Eric. The first delivered Starter Sets have been sold out immediately in Poland. Fortunately the stores had a second supply run and I bought my 2nd SS at once. Great price for the value.

Gunner
03-02-2014, 14:48
That is the cure for a real Man of the sea:)

And it seems to be working:happy:

Gunner
03-03-2014, 09:32
When I asked Ares if reprint starters will ship the same time as wave 2, this is the answer I got,

Ares Games says:

No, Wave 2 ships are about one month ahead of the reprint.

Nightmoss
03-03-2014, 12:08
When I asked Ares if reprint starters will ship the same time as wave 2, this is the answer I got,

Ares Games says:

No, Wave 2 ships are about one month ahead of the reprint.

Hmmmm. . . .does that mean Wave 2 is ahead of schedule or the Starter Set reprint is much later than they initially predicted?

Of course "Spring" officially lasts until June 20th in 2014. So, I'm betting Wave 2 is May and Starter Set is June.

Gunner
03-03-2014, 12:57
If you mean the end of May and the end of June, my money is on you.

KeithS
03-03-2014, 13:19
There still seem to be starter sets available in the UK if anyone is interested. http://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/Games_Sails_Of_Glory_212.html#aARESGN001A

Пилот
03-03-2014, 15:57
Thanks for your concern and advice Dan :drinks:, but being the good Polack that I am, I just started the Belvedere cure.
And Belvedere cure is? (Whatever it is, sounds something like one could almost wish to get a flu :sick: :rum: )

Gunner
03-03-2014, 16:31
And Belvedere cure is? (Whatever it is, sounds something like one could almost wish to get a flu :sick: :rum: )

Belvedere, a top notch Polish Vodka. And it worked. Sweated it out last night.::thumbsup::happy: Just the cough is left.

7eat51
03-03-2014, 18:16
"Spring"

I have vague memories of such a season.

Coog
03-03-2014, 18:25
I have vague memories of such a season.

Spring hit here in Texas last week. Temperatures in the 70's. Plants started blooming. This week...temperatures down into the teens and sleet covering the ground like snow. This coming Friday...back to the 70's. Typical Texas weather.

7eat51
03-03-2014, 18:30
Spring hit here in Texas last week. Temperatures in the 70's. Plants started blooming. This week...temperatures down into the teens and sleet covering the ground like snow. This coming Friday...back to the 70's. Typical Texas weather.

Yeah, this winter has been an interesting one to say the least. It is getting long, though. I am tired of canceling plans due to weather, and I am starting to get cabin fever.

bakblast
03-03-2014, 18:43
I have a pot of chicken soup going right now, it will be ready in about twenty minutes.....

Andy Blozinski
03-03-2014, 20:35

If ya don't like the weather...just wait.

Пилот
03-03-2014, 22:05
Belvedere, a top notch Polish Vodka. And it worked. Sweated it out last night.::thumbsup::happy: Just the cough is left.

So, it was fun :rum:

Gunner
03-03-2014, 22:10
So, it was fun :rum:

So much so, that I must get sick more often:wink:

Пилот
03-03-2014, 22:48
I use similar medicine when sick, but it's called šljivovica (shlyivovitsa, plum brandy), and it's followed by sauerkraut and hot peppers (well, garlic, too) :happy:

Gunner
03-04-2014, 00:03
I use similar medicine when sick, but it's called šljivovica (shlyivovitsa, plum brandy), and it's followed by sauerkraut and hot peppers (well, garlic, too) :happy:

Now there's a mix I'm not sure I'm man enough for.:hmmm: Is that supposed to stay down:question:

Diamondback
03-04-2014, 04:34
My cures of choice: lots of chicken noodle soup, BBQ pork with Chinese hot mustard, and upgrading my Phad Thai (WHEN I find someplace that can make it without that nasty, allergic-reaction-triggering fish sauce), Mongolian and curry from no-star to two-star.

Fire In The Hole at both ends once it starts to work and I get my senses of smell and taste back, but... it's what works for me.

DeRuyter
03-04-2014, 14:22
My cures of choice: lots of chicken noodle soup, BBQ pork with Chinese hot mustard, and upgrading my Phad Thai (WHEN I find someplace that can make it without that nasty, allergic-reaction-triggering fish sauce), Mongolian and curry from no-star to two-star.

Fire In The Hole at both ends once it starts to work and I get my senses of smell and taste back, but... it's what works for me.

Thai food without fish sauce? That's like Chinese without soy or a steak without salt!! :shock:

Having said that it is their salt so you could substitute and cook it at home, or not and just stick with a hot Indian curry (Lamb Vindaloo anyone...). :happy:

Diamondback
03-04-2014, 14:42
Trust me, you don't wanna feed me anything with fish or shellfish in it unless you like seeing rapid, wide-area redecoration in Bile Green. Last time it happened, the projectile vomiting was so bad it was like "Holy crap, was that my SHOE?!" It's that fast an allergic reaction, and that violent... I actually know a Thai place up here that's very good about working with me and my folks on our allergy issues.

Gunner
03-04-2014, 15:11
I will never, bring up, being under the weather again.

Berthier
03-04-2014, 15:13
Ed, I tend to agree...

csadn
03-04-2014, 16:46
Trust me, you don't wanna feed me anything with fish or shellfish in it unless you like seeing rapid, wide-area redecoration in Bile Green. Last time it happened, the projectile vomiting was so bad it was like "Holy crap, was that my SHOE?!"

You ever throw up so much, Linda Blair said "Hey, tone it down"? >;)

Coog
03-04-2014, 21:22
I always picture fish sauce, Vietmanese nước mắm, being made in a rural setting with fish being laid out on bamboo slats and the juice being collected below as it drips from the rotting fish.

Diamondback
03-05-2014, 02:48
:O Sorry 'bout that, guys... *flings Poo (http://poothecardgame.com/) at Chris*

Coog
03-05-2014, 09:50
*flings Poo (http://poothecardgame.com/) at Chris*

Candidate for official Anchorage Shirt?

Diamondback
03-05-2014, 09:55
LOL... didn't see the link in there, did you? It's a card game my cousin and his kids introduced me to last time I went to GenCon... bathroom humor, but you can't help but laugh at it. Even if it were official, you'd never see me in it since I only wear 5.11 Tactical... :D

Coog
03-05-2014, 10:03
LOL... didn't see the link in there, did you? It's a card game my cousin and his kids introduced me to last time I went to GenCon... bathroom humor, but you can't help but laugh at it. Even if it were official, you'd never see me in it since I only wear 5.11 Tactical... :D

I did not see it until I was using the quote in my post and saw the link within the quote. Sounds like a game I need.

Diamondback
03-05-2014, 13:42
Funny thing... back in my War at Sea days, one of the guys at Forumini had a riff on that as his av over there.

Bionic Wookie
03-05-2014, 16:26
I have a pot of chicken soup going right now, it will be ready in about twenty minutes.....

Jewish penicillin (No, I am not being a racist......;)

csadn
03-05-2014, 17:00
:O Sorry 'bout that, guys... *flings Poo (http://poothecardgame.com/) at Chris*

[dodges successfully]

Hand-thrown, or did you use a slings*it? ;)

Diamondback
03-05-2014, 22:31
Chris, meant I was throwing the card game, not actual fecal matter. :p

Avi
03-06-2014, 12:38
Jewish penicillin (No, I am not being a racist......;)

Well over here we take this stuff seriously - there is proper research done on the affects of Chicken soup on Flue and Hay-Fever.

The conclusion is ... It actually REDUCES the White-Blood Cell count. And the explanation for the effectiveness is that our bad feeling and runny noses
is usually an over reaction of the immune system to the virus.

Well that's the theory - I am not sure my Grandmother approves of it, but Chicken Soup with Schmaltz and Gribenes, was the order of the day when I was ill.

Gunner
03-06-2014, 13:12
When I was growing up (in the 40's & 50's) chicken soup was the cold cure of the day. And hot milk with a little butter was the cure for a sore throat.

csadn
03-06-2014, 16:00
Chris, meant I was throwing the card game, not actual fecal matter. :p

Given the quality of naval fare in this period, I couldn't be sure.... ;)

Diamondback
03-07-2014, 03:52
The conclusion is ... It actually REDUCES the White-Blood Cell count. And the explanation for the effectiveness is that our bad feeling and runny noses
If you had to guess, would you say they're thinking more "dialing down the overreaction", or just the psych effect of "comfort food"?

Avi
03-07-2014, 12:16
If I remember the article correctly its an actual reduction in the immune system, as it overreacts to the allergens.

Пилот
03-09-2014, 05:39
Now there's a mix I'm not sure I'm man enough for.:hmmm: Is that supposed to stay down:question:
Yes :happy: Although it's the best pre-emptive food, it works as well with flue.
Only, if you eat to many hot peppers you'll remember their exit :embarass:

Diamondback
03-09-2014, 09:07
Given the quality of naval fare in this period, I couldn't be sure.... ;)
Something that I get the feeling hasn't changed much outside of submarine service, LOL.

In all seriousness, you should check that game out... it seems to be just your kind of humor. :)

csadn
03-09-2014, 16:15
In all seriousness, you should check that game out... it seems to be just your kind of humor. :)

I did -- _PHART!: The Dispersing_ was more up my alley.

OK, bad choice of phrase.... >;)

Bionic Wookie
03-11-2014, 15:34
Well over here we take this stuff seriously - there is proper research done on the affects of Chicken soup on Flue and Hay-Fever.

Well that's the theory - I am not sure my Grandmother approves of it, but Chicken Soup with Schmaltz and Gribenes, was the order of the day when I was ill.

My Grandmother would not agree. She made the best Chicken Soup, Whatever "science" says - her chicken soup always made me feel better. Now back to the REL topic of the forum! LOL

Diamondback
03-11-2014, 17:46
I did -- _PHART!: The Dispersing_ was more up my alley.

OK, bad choice of phrase.... >;)
Let me guess... your favorite general in Command & Conquer: Zero Hour is Dr. Thrax? :P
"Nothing... can LIVE beneath my toxic cloud!"

LOL

csadn
03-12-2014, 14:35
Let me guess... your favorite general in Command & Conquer: Zero Hour is Dr. Thrax? :P
"Nothing... can LIVE beneath my toxic cloud!"

Never played it.

Nightmoss
03-15-2014, 11:36
For those who did not back Sails of Glory via Kickstarter here's some information about Ares attending the GAMA Trade Show in Las Vegas next week. Hopefully they'll post some photos of the final Wave 2 products either here or on their SoG Facebook page?

Sails of Glory Backers!

I am preparing to fly out to the" Sin City" on Monday, to run the Ares Games booth at the GAMA Trade Show. Anybody who's in Vegas for the show is welcome to stop by and say "hello" at our booth #323. There you will have a chance to see "live" for the first time the Wave 2 ships, as well as more of our upcoming releases.

When we'll be back, we'll close the access to the web page where you can request your Wave 2 ships. Remember that it's possible to use your Victory and Constitution pledge credit as an additional discount (if you want), and that in any case you will have access to the reduced price of $ 163.20, as one ship every three is free for our backers.

If you lost or did not receive the personal web link we sent you, send us a message through Kickstarter to request it, We'll resend it immediately (unless we're on a plane).

Nightmoss
03-20-2014, 08:13
First photos of the Wave 2 SoG ships from the GAMA Trade Show in Las Vegas. I wish we had more photos, and close ups as well!?

https://www.facebook.com/SailsOfGlory/photos/a.643279922374151.1073741827.468231959878949/643279912374152/?type=1&theater

Haggisblower
03-20-2014, 09:01
Looking good, hopefully won't have to wait too long