PDA

View Full Version : Copy of Seamanship in the Age of Sail

KeithS
02-28-2014, 05:06
Due to a bit of a mix up, in that the UK sellers told me that the book was out of stock prompting me to buy a used copy from the US, then finding one in stock and sending it to me, I now have two copies of the rare book Seamanship in the Age of Sail (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1225855.Seamanship_in_the_Age_of_Sail) by John Harland. Therefore I am willing to sell one copy, unfortunately this will have to be the used one to recoup my losses and I will have to ask £100 plus P&P, this is pretty much what it cost me I am not seeking to make a profit. It isn't a first edition (1995 printing I think) but it is in good used condition with a plastic cover over the dust jacket. If you are interested let me know here or PM me; if there is no interest fair enough, I will try my luck on eBay in a month or so.

mdavis41
02-28-2014, 08:40
Keith

I would like to buy this from you, shipping would be in the USA. Paypal or CC OK?

Michael

KeithS
02-28-2014, 09:06
Hi Michael, sure PayPal is fine. Can you give me a couple of days to sort out postage, it may be expensive though, it has just cost me $61.75 to ship it from the US. In all fairness can I suggest that you check out this link (http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=773111137&searchurl=an%3DHarland%26amp%3Bsts%3Dt%26amp%3Btn%3DSeamanship%2Bin%2Bthe%2BAge%2Bof%2BSail) first though it might work out cheaper for you. I'll wait to hear from you before going ahead. I won't be offended if you decide to buy the one on Abebooks.

Keith

mdavis41
02-28-2014, 09:45
Keith

That is very decent of you! The shipping sounds very expensive, must be a huge volume. I must admit that when I first read this in the wee hours in California I had the idea that you were in the US selling a copy you had already imported. Should have had my coffee first. I will investigate other options and thank you for being a gentleman.

Michael

KeithS
02-28-2014, 10:11
No worries, good luck in finding one. I had a look around anyway and the cheapest I could find was about £35 (~$60) for a no frills (and possibly no delivery :cry:) service. Problem (and this is why it cost me so much to get it from the US) is the book is just over 2Kg and most carriers have bands of 1Kg, 2Kg, 5Kg with the cost doubling each time. It's such a pity I can't go back in time and alert you to it when it was in the States.