PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter latest update

Berthier
02-25-2014, 03:33
Project Update #62: An F.A.Q. about using your Victory & Constitution pledge credit (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sails-of-glory-miniatures-ship-combat/posts/758555?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkDG5MLSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpA5v4VEkiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTAzLTI1IDA5OjIzOjA4BjsGVA%3D%3D--53b9da0a2a5efacd5c4c322ff8bbf535cfeb98ec&ref=backer_project_update)Posted by Ares Games

Sails of Glory Backers!
Last week I announced in our Update #61 (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sails-of-glory-miniatures-ship-combat/posts/753910) how to use your pledge for Victory & Constitution. Since then we've received several clarifications that I am compiling here for your reference.
I did not receive the e-mail with the link to my personal page, what should I do?
First of all, check your spam/junk filters. If the mail is not trapped there, please send us a message using the "Contact me" link (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sails-of-glory-miniatures-ship-combat/messages/new?message%5Bto%5D=1402889231)of the Kickstarter, including your real name and e-mail address. We will resend the message.
I compiled the form at the link you sent me, but I did not receive a confirmation after submission. Is this normal?
Yes. All the information included in your form is mantained in our database, and you can access and modify it as many times as you want, until the end of the campaign (March, 21st). After the end of the campaign, we will send you a confirmation with your request and information, and the payment request.
I am not interested in the Wave 2 offer, should I visit the link you sent me in this case?
We would like you to visit the link to confirm your choice and validate the address we have on file for you. If you don't visit your page, we will assume by default that your address is valid, and that you are not interested in Wave 2, of course. If you have pledge credit, it will be used according to your original instructions.
If I choose to order Wave 2 ships using my pledge credit, will I lose my right to receive the Victory & Constitution when they release?
No - You will still be able to order them before their release. We will solicit Victory & Constitution to our backers again when we are closer to their release, so everybody who was a backer of this Kickstarter willl have a chance to receive them. If you use your credit now, or you originally did not pledge for them, we will just ask you a new payment, at the same price ($ 20 / ship).
I am interested in Wave 2 collection, but I want to keep my pledge for Victory & Constitution, too. Is this possible?
Yes. Since the start of the campaign, we added a new option to the "Request" field of our form allowing this option.
May I order more than one Wave 2 collections?
Yes, you can order as many as you want, at the price of $ 163.20 (minus your pledge credit, if you decide to use it).
What is the shipping cost for these collections?
Shipping is free in the US, $ 10 in Canada, $ 20 in any other country. Shipping costs will only be added once, no matter how many collections you order.
I noticed that the amount to pay indicated in the form does not change based on my request, is this normal?
Yes. The amount is pre-calculated to show you what you pay when you order one Wave 2 collection using your pledge credit. The actual amount you have to pay will be included in the request we will send you at the end of the campaign. The amount will be $ 163.20 per collection, + P&P cost if you live outside of the USA - your pledge credit for Victory & Constitution if you requested it.
If I order the Wave 2 collection, when must I pay for it?
We will send PayPal requests to collect the payment after the campaign ends, between March 21st and March, 31st. If you cannot use PayPal, just write to us upon receiving the request, we will send you information for a wire transfer. (Wire transfer and PayPal are the only payment methods we can accept).
Will I receive the Wave 2 collection ships before everybody else does?
We will make sure we ship to backers before we ship to distributors. However we cannot guarantee you will receive them at any specific time, as transit times are beyond our control.
I realized I did not pledge for Victory & Constitution. Will I ever be able to get them?
Yes. When we resolicit these ships, you will be able to pledge for them if you want, even if you missed asking for them during the Kickstarter. You will also be able to request multiple copies if you want! These ships will also be available at retail, of course.
I hope I did not miss any reply. Read our web page with the offer carefully, and if anything is still unclear, ask your questions here!

Andy Blozinski
02-25-2014, 08:36
My plan is to get my money back so I can get only the Wave 2 ships that I want, then get at least the Constitution when they re-up the offer. I might still get the Victory. Gotta see how things go.

DeRuyter
02-25-2014, 10:39
I had such a bad experience with the KS shipments (I still don't have my complete order) that I hesitate to order up a set of Wave 2 especially with any hope that it would be out much earlier than retail.

longagoigo
02-25-2014, 17:54
I had such a bad experience with the KS shipments (I still don't have my complete order) that I hesitate to order up a set of Wave 2 especially with any hope that it would be out much earlier than retail.
The shipping this time will be much simpler 'all 12' vs 'all kinds of combinations of all kinds of things', but it only makes sense if you want all 12 ships and live where online shipping isn't free. If I lived in the States, I'd be picking and choosing from an online retailer, as I don't really need all 12 and might like multiples of the sloops. However, I don't, so the savings on shipping is significant, especially, since my friend is going to throw in for a 2nd set, so the already low cost of shipping is going to be halved. As to when I get vs retailers get is as much of a none issue now as it was before.

Gunner
02-25-2014, 19:39
I'm going to change my 2 V & 1 C, to 1 Victory & 3 Constitutions. And order a complete 2nd wave from www.12-7-games.com for &159.20 delivered which is $4.00 less than Ares, with delivery about the same time.:beer:

7eat51
02-25-2014, 20:42
Do we know if Ares is going to produce any of the other American frigates anytime soon? Otherwise, I might do like you, Ed, and order multiples.

Coog
02-25-2014, 20:59
Do we know if Ares is going to produce any of the other American frigates anytime soon?

I would be very surprised if they did. The only chance I see would be if other American ships were in wave 3 in 2015.

Gunner
02-25-2014, 22:00
Someone did say that the V & C would be available to everyone, but I can't remember who said it. Ares or Keith?

2015? Plenty of time to get another set out this year.

Berthier
02-26-2014, 01:27
Someone did say that the V & C would be available to everyone, but I can't remember who said it. Ares or Keith?

The Latest KS update certainly seems to say they will be available to all, I wonder what the price difference will be for the KS offer $20 versus the non KS buyers. Based on price of the other ships in their line maybe $30 mark?

When we resolicit these ships, you will be able to pledge for them if you want, even if you missed asking for them during the Kickstarter. You will also be able to request multiple copies if you want! These ships will also be available at retail, of course.

Makes me wonder a little what made them so special in the first place is if they weren't in any way exclusive. Seems from an ionvestment point of view the KS exclusives will command better prices if that's your thing.

I wonder if resolicit is even legal :happy:

longagoigo
02-26-2014, 04:19
The Latest KS update certainly seems to say they will be available to all, I wonder what the price difference will be for the KS offer $20 versus the non KS buyers. Based on price of the other ships in their line maybe $30 mark?
From the KS: "We expect the HMS Victory Special Ship Pack to retail at approximately $25/$28."

fredmiracle
02-26-2014, 07:11
All the wave 1 and wave 2 ships could be purchased at low-priced online retailers for less than the kickstarter price. So I'm guessing that the $25/$28 figure is the MSRP, not the real price. If the Kickstarter price is $20, I imagine you'll be able to buy them somewhere for $18-19.

Coog
02-26-2014, 10:49

With wave 2 not out yet and Victory and Constitution still in the works, along with the sucessful wave 1 trying to be caught up with the demand, I just don't see new models being sculpted, produced in China, shipped to warehouses, and distributed before next year.

Beowulf03809
02-26-2014, 11:10
I'm not really so interested in saving < $25 total that I'd go with an online vs. KS (and let Aries have a little more direct profit for a game I enjoy)...but I keep going around and around about the ships that the package deal just doesn't work for me.

I have been looking up both profiles for each ship on Wikipedia to see their engagements and also considering our current local play. I just don't need three more Frigates right now, only have an interest in 2 of the 3 French First Rates, want each of the British First Rates (two copies of Royal Sovereign), and want a mix of Sloops. So my overall purchase will probably come up the same and number of ships similar but it just don't want the "one of everything" option.

I'll be honest, I rarely ever purchase online. The main reason being I try my best to always support my local independent seller and would rather give him a small cut. But sadly he just couldn't get the SoG ships in well himself so I doubt Wave 2 will be much better. So since he can't guarantee delivery, and Aries doesn't have the flexibility I need...

For those of you in the States that do purchase online, what online dealer do you have experience with that seems to be have the best price no the Wave 2 ships and for a pre-order will they charge your card in advance or only charge when they are actually shipping?

:rum:

DeRuyter
02-26-2014, 11:27
I'm not really so interested in saving < $25 total that I'd go with an online vs. KS (and let Aries have a little more direct profit for a game I enjoy)...but I keep going around and around about the ships that the package deal just doesn't work for me.

I have been looking up both profiles for each ship on Wikipedia to see their engagements and also considering our current local play. I just don't need three more Frigates right now, only have an interest in 2 of the 3 French First Rates, want each of the British First Rates (two copies of Royal Sovereign), and want a mix of Sloops. So my overall purchase will probably come up the same and number of ships similar but it just don't want the "one of everything" option.

I'll be honest, I rarely ever purchase online. The main reason being I try my best to always support my local independent seller and would rather give him a small cut. But sadly he just couldn't get the SoG ships in well himself so I doubt Wave 2 will be much better. So since he can't guarantee delivery, and Aries doesn't have the flexibility I need...

For those of you in the States that do purchase online, what online dealer do you have experience with that seems to be have the best price no the Wave 2 ships and for a pre-order will they charge your card in advance or only charge when they are actually shipping?

Most online retailers charge your card immediately on placing the order.

For prices try: Anchorage Accessories of course!, www.coolstuffinc.com, MiniatureMarket, or NWS store: http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

Gunner
02-26-2014, 11:32

www.12-7-games.com hands down. They seem to get and ship before anyone else, and I couldn't find better prices. Plus free shipping on a $100.00 order.:thumbsup:

David Manley
02-26-2014, 13:39
I'm actually coming around to the idea of buying the Wave 2 set via KS. As I'm "overseas" it works out cheaper per ship to preorder them via the KS than from 12-7. And as I really only want the small ships and one of each of the 1st rates I can flog the surplus big ships on Ebay :happy:

Gunner
02-26-2014, 14:10
I'm actually coming around to the idea of buying the Wave 2 set via KS. As I'm "overseas" it works out cheaper per ship to preorder them via the KS than from 12-7. And as I really only want the small ships and one of each of the 1st rates I can flog the surplus big ships on Ebay :happy:

KS does seem the better way to go for you EURO guys.

David Manley
02-26-2014, 14:12
KS does seem the better way to go for you EURO guys.

Brits, PLEASE :happy:

Gunner
02-26-2014, 14:14
Apologies.:embarass:

David Manley
02-26-2014, 14:15
No worries, our Euro and Aussie chums do of course enjoy the same benefits :happy:

Berthier
02-26-2014, 23:57
From the KS: "We expect the HMS Victory Special Ship Pack to retail at approximately $25/$28."

Was that before or after they decided to rework the models wirth more detail Jeffrey? The delay in production, suggests the costs might have risen slightly though there would not be many AOS players who wouldn't want a HMS Victory or a Constitution for that matter so maybe they will do big production runs reducing the unit production cost.

Berthier
02-26-2014, 23:58
No worries, our Euro and Aussie chums do of course enjoy the same benefits :happy:

Nice to finally get a benefit from being so bloody far from anywhere :happy:

Gunner
02-27-2014, 00:14
Nice to finally get a benefit from being so bloody far from anywhere :happy:

Maybe next time England will pick a better place.:takecover: The Falkland Islands?:takecover::takecover:

I hope you guys have a sense of humor.:drinks:

DeRuyter
02-27-2014, 11:26

Maybe by next year you'll be saying: our Euro, Aussie and Scot chums! :wink:

David Manley
02-27-2014, 11:34
Maybe. We'll know in 7 months

Gunner
02-27-2014, 11:52
Maybe by next year you'll be saying: our Euro, Aussie and Scot chums! :wink:

Give me time. I'm a slow learner.

Is there no end to being politically correct:drinks:

longagoigo
02-28-2014, 01:47
Was that before or after they decided to rework the models wirth more detail Jeffrey? The delay in production, suggests the costs might have risen slightly though there would not be many AOS players who wouldn't want a HMS Victory or a Constitution for that matter so maybe they will do big production runs reducing the unit production cost.
That was from the main KS page during the campaign.