PDA

View Full Version : A Shout-Out for Keith and Ares!

mdavis41
02-21-2014, 19:19
Please shout if you agree!

http://horseandmusket2.blogspot.com/2014/02/sails-of-glory-great-arms-race.html

Gunner
02-21-2014, 23:48
That was a nice presentation for SGN but, I think mentioning "HMS Bellerophon and Fougueux, on eBay for $75-80 per model" was a mistake. People not familiar with SOG prices might think that these are normal prices and would be turned off.
I myself would sell those models for Much less.

fredmiracle
02-22-2014, 06:51
Maybe you can post an after-action report. One great way to evangelize a game is to show it being played in a way that is appealing, engaging and fun

mdavis41
02-22-2014, 08:06
When I wrote this, i was trying to lend my support for this great game and point out that it is becoming a scarce commodity. I was also chiding myself for not paying attention to Kickstarter. It is already hard to come by most ships and extras on Amazon, eBay or the usual channels. I was actually being serious when I relayed how happy I was to have found the two KS special SoL's, despite the price. The game and its components are that good. I won't make the same mistake twice and ordered the Wave Two ships as soon as i saw them on the Anchorage. No one should be put off by the price, I hope you buy more smartly than I did. but if you do pay the scarcity Premium, you might still be happy, as I was, just to get the ships you want.

David Manley
02-22-2014, 09:41
It would be nice to think that, having been able to gauge demand from the kickstarter and subsequent sales, Ares could produce sufficient wave 2 stocks to reduce the likelihood of a "scarcity premium"

David Manley
02-22-2014, 09:45
PS Amused to see you bought the "exclusives" from a games store :)

7eat51
02-22-2014, 10:09
Hi Michael,

Hopefully, we'll see restocks of the first Wave.

I have a growing tradition of finding out things too late. I got into A&A minis just as they went out of print, same with D&D minis, WoW planes, History of War card game, etc. Maybe we should exchange notes. :wink:

Gunner
02-22-2014, 11:00
PS Amused to see you bought the "exclusives" from a games store :)

Now there's an owner that can think ahead, buying multiple Admiral packs.(and my favorite store)