PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

mr7q
02-21-2014, 07:41
Hi folks,

Long Time Wings of War WWI (Wings of Glory these days, I suppose) here, and have been more than intrigued by the SOG ruleset and setting, if only so I can fold together a newspaper pirate hat and wear is sideways while shouting my best Master and Commander quotes... :shock:

Sadly, I missed the boat on the Kickstarter, and everything is sold out, so it'll be a while before I can actually play. Sad paper hat. :sad:

At the very least, I can console myself by reading through the files, reading the rules, and building anticipation for when one of my email alerts goes off. Looking forward to lurking until then!

7eat51
02-21-2014, 12:12
Welcome aboard. :salute:

Hopefully, stores will be restocked soon, and you will be able to start building your fleets.

Coog
02-21-2014, 12:15
Welcome aboard!

Nightmoss
02-21-2014, 16:46
Greetings and welcome to the Anchorage! :salute:

Cmmdre
02-21-2014, 18:14
Welcome aboard. :salute:

Berthier
02-21-2014, 18:41
Welcome Mr7q (very mysterious). There are SOG ships and starters around still if you want to hunt for them (ebay etc) . Hope you hae some luck finding some, the rules at least are online as you have found.

Naharaht
02-21-2014, 19:47
Welcome to the Anchorage, Mr7q.

John Paul
02-21-2014, 21:21
Welcome aboard! Where about in "The Old Dominion" are you located?

If you're near the Tidewater area we could certainly get together for a game! Our group meets every Thursday and weekends with interests running the gamut of the gaming world!! :beer:

Gunner
02-21-2014, 22:59
Welcome:beer: from Arizona.

Is there a reason your not using your first name?

mr7q
02-23-2014, 12:54
Welcome aboard! Where about in "The Old Dominion" are you located?

If you're near the Tidewater area we could certainly get together for a game! Our group meets every Thursday and weekends with interests running the gamut of the gaming world!! :beer:

Sadly I'm the great dismal swamp of the DC suburbs area (not to be confused with the actual Great Dismal Swamp), so making it down there would be a bit of a haul! I appreciate the offer though, but I'll let you know if I get a free weekend as the weather gets nicer that I could justify with an early season weekend beach trip...

Welcome:beer: from Arizona.

Is there a reason your not using your first name?

I apparently stink at reading, and put Country instead of name when registering... Hopefully should be fixed!

Thanks again all!

John Paul
02-24-2014, 02:45
Sadly I'm the great dismal swamp of the DC suburbs area (not to be confused with the actual Great Dismal Swamp), so making it down there would be a bit of a haul! I appreciate the offer though, but I'll let you know if I get a free weekend as the weather gets nicer that I could justify with an early season weekend beach trip...

I apparently stink at reading, and put Country instead of name when registering... Hopefully should be fixed!

Thanks again all!

Martin,

Our group holds a convention twice a year in the Williamsburg area! "Williamsburg Muster" held in early February, and "Guns of August" held in late August, maybe you can make it down for a day or weekend at one or both in the future!! We also meet every weekend at the home of one of our members in Hampton, VA, so anytime you're in town let me know, and we'll get you contact info so you can stop in and get a game!!

Comte de Brueys
02-24-2014, 10:41
Bonjour Martin.

Welcome on board. :salute:

Пилот
02-26-2014, 02:18
Welcome, Martin :beer:

The Wrong One
02-26-2014, 02:41
Welcome, from another newbie!

Just started, as well - only have a starter set at the moment. I want to master this first, as I have spent far too much money on SW X-wing already.

Capn Duff
02-26-2014, 02:54
A belated welcome from Bristol UK, don't be too downhearted, it will be worth the wait, it is rollicking good fun

mr7q
02-26-2014, 10:47
Thanks again all!

Martin,

Our group holds a convention twice a year in the Williamsburg area! "Williamsburg Muster" held in early February, and "Guns of August" held in late August, maybe you can make it down for a day or weekend at one or both in the future!! We also meet every weekend at the home of one of our members in Hampton, VA, so anytime you're in town let me know, and we'll get you contact info so you can stop in and get a game!!

That sounds like a good time! I'll have to see if I can break some time out in August and make a beach trip out of it.

I did end up tacking a pair of ships onto another order, so I'll at least be able to try to start playing on the mat and seeing how the ships move compared to the biplanes I'm more familiar with.

Gargantulance
03-07-2014, 09:20
A belated greetings and welcome, Martin. I'm still in the newbie category myself… having "run" a couple of practice skirmishes for some fellow gamers. That was a prep for introducing SoG to my regular mates, the Armchair Couch Pilots, way out in Portland, Oregon.

mr7q
03-10-2014, 09:45
Thanks!

I managed to finally get a few games in with my schedule, and the rule system is a doozy! Don't tell my collection of biplanes, but I might even like the system better than Wings of War/Glory... :embarass:

However, if Ares released an Android Tablet/iPad app that took the place of the ship board, that would put the icing on the cake. There are a lot of chits floating around that are too easy to lose.