PDA

View Full Version : Making the ship go faster...or production problems!

Berthier
01-30-2014, 04:22
Was playing around with the new ships and noticed a subtle difference between the two copies I have of Commerce de Bordeaux

To make the ship go faster some cunning assembler has used two main masts on the model on the right and no foremast. Hmmm:shock:

Пилот
01-30-2014, 05:22
He should of paint them red - we all know that red ones go faster :wink:

The Royal Hajj
01-30-2014, 07:05
Who need's stuns'l when you can have two main masts!!

Nightmoss
01-30-2014, 08:32
Wow. Someone made a mistake at the factory? My only 'difference' to date is a missing bowsprit sail from one of my SOL's. Maybe I need to do a much closer examination of each ship?!?

7eat51
01-30-2014, 08:37
Wow. Someone made a mistake at the factory? My only 'difference' to date is a missing bowsprit sail from one of my SOL's. Maybe I need to do a much closer examination of each ship?!?

If predictions are correct, Jim, we'll have a good weekend to give a thorough inspection. It looks like winter will be upon us again.

I will clear a table and set all of the ships up. I only have looked at half of them, so far. Besides, I need to start working on storage and transportation options.

Nightmoss
01-30-2014, 08:39
If predictions are correct, Jim, we'll have a good weekend to give a thorough inspection. It looks like winter will be upon us again.

I will clear a table and set all of the ships up. I only have looked at half of them, so far. Besides, I need to start working on storage and transportation options.

Agreed. I really need to do the same thing. Like you I've only looked closely at one of the two Captain's boxes.

Diamondback
01-30-2014, 14:31
And the only real close exam I've done is the four in the Starter that I've opened. Really need to remember to check for spritsails...

Bear in mind that cheap Chinese labor probably has the same attitude as Russian labor under the Commies: "They pretend to pay us and we pretend to work." (Not that I blame them!)

7eat51
01-30-2014, 14:47
Bear in mind that cheap Chinese labor probably has the same attitude as Russian labor under the Commies: "They pretend to pay us and we pretend to work." (Not that I blame them!)

I'm always gracious with my Chinese labor; I might not wake up otherwise.

I really hope Sue doesn't log on today.

I love you, Babe.

ling
01-30-2014, 15:00
I'm always gracious with my Chinese labor; I might not wake up otherwise.

I really hope Sue doesn't log on today.

I love you, Babe.

Sorry, big-sister is always watching...and you think your sleep issue is apnea...ha ha ha :wink:

Coog
01-30-2014, 15:12
Eric, let me recommend one more site:

http://ww32.1800flowers.com/collection.do?dataset=13120&cvosrc=ppc.google.flowers&cm_mmc=paidsearch-_-googlegeneric-_-adwordsFlowers_KW|Search|Central-_-flowers&bannerBeacon=true&gclid=CJP49qL1prwCFQxo7AodRRMAaw&conversionTag=true:pray:

Comte de Brueys
01-30-2014, 15:28
Nice.

I bet there is one Commerce de Bordeaux miniature with two foremast instead.

I'll check mine as soon as possible. :wink:

Nightmoss
01-30-2014, 15:48
Sorry, big-sister is always watching...and you think your sleep issue is apnea...ha ha ha :wink:

Susan, you just made my day. I burst out laughing when I saw your post. Hey Eric, I think the word is "busted".:takecover:

csadn
01-30-2014, 16:39
Eric, let me recommend one more site:

http://ww32.1800flowers.com/collection.do?dataset=13120&cvosrc=ppc.google.flowers&cm_mmc=paidsearch-_-googlegeneric-_-adwordsFlowers_KW|Search|Central-_-flowers&bannerBeacon=true&gclid=CJP49qL1prwCFQxo7AodRRMAaw&conversionTag=true:pray:

I think this requires harsher measures: http://www.sees.com/ .... >;)

Coog
01-30-2014, 16:44
I think this requires harsher measures: http://www.sees.com/ .... >;)

Eric may have to resort to the nuclear option:

http://www.jared.com/en/jaredstore?cm_mmc=google-_-keywords-_-G_Brand_Exact-_-+jared&gclid=CMW60ICKp7wCFZNj7AodhgoAbA

Diamondback
01-30-2014, 17:05
For the record, Ma'am, my comment that got Eric in trouble was referring to standard Communist labor practices regardless of location or culture, not to ethnicity--and to the fact that quality of work almost always varies in direct proportion to the labor supply's morale and motivation.

My apologies for any offense given, none was my intent.

7eat51
01-30-2014, 17:40
For the record, Ma'am, my comment that got Eric in trouble was referring to standard Communist labor practices regardless of location or culture, not to ethnicity--and to the fact that quality of work almost always varies in direct proportion to the labor supply's morale and motivation.

My apologies for any offense given, none was my intent.

Our dear Friend,

Please know that no offense was taken.

Sue and I spend a good portion of our day laughing together, some of which rests on teasing each other - in actuality, it is a way of flirting with each other. Neither am I am not in trouble, nor is Sue upset in any fashion.

Cmmdre
01-30-2014, 21:08
Was playing around with the new ships and noticed a subtle difference between the two copies I have of Commerce de Bordeaux
To make the ship go faster some cunning assembler has used two main masts on the model on the right and no foremast. Hmmm:shock:

New rank
I've been promoted or demoted to 1nd Lt...somewhere between a first and a second I suppose
Berthier
Now you have a new ship to go with your new rank. :salute:

Diamondback
01-30-2014, 22:12
Good to know, Eric & Sue--just wanted that to be On The Record as much for outside observers' benefit as for yours, along with a bit of Jumping On The Grenade. :)

Berthier
01-31-2014, 01:51
New rank
I've been promoted or demoted to 1nd Lt...somewhere between a first and a second I suppose
Berthier
Now you have a new ship to go with your new rank. :salute:

I could become paranoid, well I do prefer a French fleet so it's probably not paranoia but just that awful reality thing :happy:

Berthier
01-31-2014, 04:01
Careful inspection of my other 22 ships revealed only two with minor problems. Two different British frigates had one copy of the ship with a British flag and the second copy with a plain white one, presumably no decal was placed or wrong flag used. I could take the view that they were ready to surrender to the French but see my last post about "reality"

Nightmoss
01-31-2014, 14:35
I pulled out my second Captains box and after close inspection I found no errors or damage on the ships, logs or cards (I did not unseal any of the decks).

However, on two of the KS exclusives the boxes themselves had damaged/torn sides and slight indentations on the tops. These will be part of the 'playable' KS ship set. Here are photos for the record, and I would encourage you to check all your ships if you've not done so already. I was fortunate that the box damage did not translate to ship damage as well. Others may not be as lucky?

csadn
01-31-2014, 15:34
I could take the view that they were ready to surrender to the French but see my last post about "reality"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Ambuscade_%281773%29

;)

(Or, once we get some American ships.... >;) )