PDA

View Full Version : The Spanish Fleet

Capn Duff
01-20-2014, 16:54
Not sure if this has been asked or discussed yet.

Which wave do we think will be the Spanish wave?

We know wave two is in progress but we don't know the ships yet.
I estimate that wave 3 will see the American fleet so maybe Wave 4 with the Santissima Trinidad being a special.

Or wave 3 being the American fleet and Spanish fleet together?

Nightmoss
01-20-2014, 17:14
Not sure if this has been asked or discussed yet.

Which wave do we think will be the Spanish wave?

We know wave two is in progress but we don't know the ships yet.
I estimate that wave 3 will see the American fleet so maybe Wave 4 with the Santissima Trinidad being a special.

Or wave 3 being the American fleet and Spanish fleet together?

Hey Chris, it has been discussed on several threads here abouts, but as far as anyone knows there's no definite timeline for Spanish ship production. Ares has indicated that they are planning it (along with pirates), but that's all I've heard or read. There was some hinting that the Santisima Trinidad might get the 'special' treatment like the HMS Victory and USS Constitution, but that's probably not confirmed?

There are more than a few folks here who would like to see some Spanish ships, myself being one of them, but other English and French ships are expected to get priority for some time. Cheers!

mleaman
01-20-2014, 18:44

That's going to one big ship! Can't wait!

Gunner
01-20-2014, 19:01
There are more than a few folks here who would like to see some Spanish ships, myself being one of them

+1

Nightmoss
01-20-2014, 19:29
That's going to one big ship! Can't wait!

Sure enough, and everyone will want to take out that prize! Just like is was.

Andy Blozinski
01-20-2014, 20:36
They've announced they want to set it up with a point system. With only two ships (with slight variations) present, that's a waste of time. Wave 2 shows how they're trying to broaden the range. If they go to Spanish, they'll throw glue on that concept. I think they'll broaden the English and French ranges for variety coverage and then start up with Spanish.

Diamondback
01-20-2014, 20:40
Right... I noticed and actually suggested that there were several Hebe frigates from Wave 2, 1777 French 32's and Temeraires that flew the Spanish flag, so those three sculpts alone appropriately reprinted could give a start for a Spanish fleet.

7eat51
01-20-2014, 21:06
I'm a bit torn. I would love to have ships from other nations, and especially the Santissima Trinidad. However, I think what Andy is alluding to is spot on - having more variety within two nations opens up much more game/scenario variation. Given that, I lean toward the latter.

Beowulf03809
01-21-2014, 13:41
I too look at the Spanish fleet option as something to come along after the English and French fleets have some good variety available as well as some "universal" merchants and some US for AWI. Basically expanding the fleets that are already on the table. Then I can see expanding into Spanish ships for SGN.

David Manley
01-21-2014, 13:52
In the meantime just use your French ships as Spaniards :wink:

csadn
01-21-2014, 14:39
In the meantime just use your French ships as Spaniards :wink:

The results are the same, at any rate.... >;)

"I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called Biggus Shippus!"

Moideeb
01-21-2014, 15:07
The results are the same, at any rate.... >;)

"I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called Biggus Shippus!"

"It has a sister ship you know, who has incontinentia futtocks."

Jack Aubrey
01-21-2014, 15:07
Spanish, Dutch, American.....there are many interesting fleets...get them all :wink:

Bellerophon
01-21-2014, 22:10
I would prefer Spanish before Americans simply because the game is "Napoleonic Wars" not War of 1812

Gunner
01-21-2014, 22:16
I would prefer Spanish before Americans simply because the game is "Napoleonic Wars" not War of 1812

There were many American naval actions during the Napoleonic era.