PDA

View Full Version : Who HAS NOT received their KS

Gunner
01-14-2014, 15:13
Just curious to find out how many people have not received their KS yet.
Please add your name.
If you receive it later please advise the date received.

Berthier
01-14-2014, 15:21
Just curious to find out how many people have not received their KS yet.
Please add your name.
If you receive it later please advise the date received.

Hi Ed,
Well I've "almost" received it...the packages are now sitting in a Florida mail handling service (arrived today) about to be on shipped to Australia so I expect them in five days (Monday next week). the two year wait is almost over.

GrouperKicker
01-14-2014, 15:22
I (Scott) have not received it yet, but do have tracking numbers. Hoping for Thursday/Friday delivery. (Mind you, I am still getting a 'tracking information sent on January 13th' message and nothing else - not sure what that is STILL all about.)

Shoot@Me
01-14-2014, 15:30
Haven't received mine. It should be here Thursday.

Diamondback
01-14-2014, 15:36
Have tracking, scheduled delivery tomorrow for the two-Captains part of my Commodore's pack-plus-addons, and have asked Roberto to see if UPS can delay until Thursday for the convenience of my package-drop.

Will not be able to take delivery myself until Tuesday no matter what, and then after an initial inventory it's being re-shipped straight to my remote storage site since I don't have room. :(

Expected to receive...
2x Starter
2x each of 4 KS Excl's
2x each of 8 Singles
2x Game Mat, plus 2 add-on (4 total)
2x Wooden Attitude Indicator
2x Wooden Ruler
4x Terrain Pack 1
4x Capt/Crew Deck
4x Terrain Pack 2 pledge, plus 5 add-on (9 total)
4x Smoke Cloud packs
2x Damage Chit Bag 5-packs, plus 4 add-on (6 total)
2x Extra Counter Sets, plus 2 add-on (4 total)

To ship later:
1x Victory
1x Constitution

Will compare what's in the boxes to what's on this list next Wednesday after I've done initial inventory.

djbar
01-14-2014, 19:59
I have not received my Lt. level, but got the tracking number yesterday and it should be delivered tomorrow. I ordered a couple additional ships from an online retailer and those should also be delivered tomorrow.

The Mad Hatter
01-14-2014, 20:11
I have not received my KS yet. I got a tracking number on Monday, but it stated the label was created on Friday 1/10, delivery scheduled for 1/13. However, when I log into my UPS site, it looks like it still hasn't even been picked up by UPS yet?!?!? My honest feeling is....well...WTH?

I ordered some additional ships which will arrive tomorrow - which, just being honest, reinforced my WTH feeling. I know once I get everything, it won't be a huge deal and it'll quickly be forgotten, however, while I sit and wait I'm a bit frustrated. Hopefully it's delivered this week.

Andy Blozinski
01-14-2014, 21:01
My stuff is supposed to arrive Friday.

The Barrelman
01-14-2014, 22:40
I have received nothing as of 1/15.

:shock:

BSG_Fan
01-15-2014, 00:43
I've received nothing; I have a tracking number but no delivery estimate. With international shipping, customs, etc I don't expect to get mine for at least a week (I would guess 22 January or later).

kelsith
01-15-2014, 06:21
So far nothing although since Monday I have had a tracking number that says it the electronic shipping info has been sent for two day priority mail. Mind you just that the shipping info has been sent it says nothing about it actually having been picked up or the shipping began.

DeRuyter
01-15-2014, 11:21
Nothing here either. No tracking numbers, just the wishful thinking e-mail stating that package has shipping and tracking numbers to be sent.

The Barrelman
01-15-2014, 16:47
I received one box today. Inside the box was my entire order (Lt. pledge, C and D bags, one extra mat). But, I have a big issue with how it was packed and shipped!

The bags were tossed in the pile of packing peanuts... They are covered in peanut dust. Whatever, I will vacuum them up.

The mats were taken out of their sails of glory triangular cardboard boxes, FOLDED IN HALF and stuffed in the packing peanuts with the pledge box placed on top! So, now I have to see if I can get the CREASE in the middle of both mats out and need to find a way to store the mats because I DID NOT RECEIVE THE BOXES!!!

Not a happy camper...

Gunner
01-15-2014, 17:46
I received one box today. Inside the box was my entire order (Lt. pledge, C and D bags, one extra mat). But, I have a big issue with how it was packed and shipped!

The bags were tossed in the pile of packing peanuts... They are covered in peanut dust. Whatever, I will vacuum them up.

The mats were taken out of their sails of glory triangular cardboard boxes, FOLDED IN HALF and stuffed in the packing peanuts with the pledge box placed on top! So, now I have to see if I can get the CREASE in the middle of both mats out and need to find a way to store the mats because I DID NOT RECEIVE THE BOXES!!!

Not a happy camper...

Send a copy of the above to Ares.

GrouperKicker
01-15-2014, 17:46

Not a happy camper...

I'd like to hear what other folks think about this. Personally, I have a real problem with this - especially since earlier reward shipments to backers received the retail packaging.

Andy Blozinski
01-15-2014, 18:16
The retail packaging was really long and not always surviving the shipping and thus getting complaints.

djbar
01-15-2014, 20:31
I would also have a problem with items taken out of their retail packaging and put loose in a box. Today I received 3 mats and 2 ships I purchased from an online retailer. It was all in its original retail packaging, then put in a larger box for shipping. The packaging of Ares shipments to Kickstarter supporters should be at least as good as a normal retail would offer. If they got complains about retail packaging not holding up well, the answer is to enclose the retail packaging in a shipping box, not remove the retail packaging. The example above sounds to me like cutting corners to save a few dollars in shipping costs.
I haven't received my Kickstarter stuff yet - but I got my online order today.

7eat51
01-15-2014, 20:40
Ted, please contact Ares. They need to know about this. It is unacceptable, and if they are unaware, they have no chance for rectifying this, and a lowered probability of improving in the future. I am sorry to hear this happened to you.

The Barrelman
01-15-2014, 20:56
Ted, please contact Ares. They need to know about this. It is unacceptable, and if they are unaware, they have no chance for rectifying this, and a lowered probability of improving in the future. I am sorry to hear this happened to you.

I will...

I am trying to find those close up images someone took of their models. Has anyone else noticed the paint job quality of their models? I have a few that look like the hulls are half painted. I will try to get images to share.

Thanks

7eat51
01-15-2014, 21:05
I have not opened up the vast majority of items received. I think I need to do a full inspection tomorrow.

I have not had a problem with Ares' WoG or War of the Ring components; in fact, I have been very happy with them. Hopefully, the same will prove true with SoG.

Gunner
01-15-2014, 21:41
Of the 48 that I received from Ares I have no complaints. The stern side of some sails show the primer and lightly coated white paint. But when I gave them a wash with Citadel's Seraphim Sepia shade (that one of our members suggested, but forgot who, sorry) they came out looking good.

Bottom line - Ares did a more than great job.
The distribution warehouse did not.

7eat51
01-15-2014, 21:55

Unfortunately, you are quite correct.

David Manley
01-15-2014, 23:11
Of the 48 that I received from Ares I have no complaints. The stern side of some sails show the primer and lightly coated white paint. But when I gave them a wash with Citadel's Seraphim Sepia shade (that one of our members suggested, but forgot who, sorry) they came out looking good.

Bottom line - Ares did a more than great job.

+1. The condition of my mat boxes was, to say the least, sh**ty

longagoigo
01-15-2014, 23:21
+1. The condition of my mat boxes was, to say the least, sh**ty
Mine crossed the Pacific in very good shape. Glad the new guy didn't do mine.

Gunner
01-15-2014, 23:37
Welcome aboard Jeff :beer:

Glad to hear your package was shipped by an experienced hand.

kelsith
01-16-2014, 00:51
Mine arrived today, also mats were removed and put in bigger box w lots of peanuts. as were my two extra bags, (sounds like we had the same order Barrelman) anyway after I kicked off as much of the peanut fuzz as I could off of my mats I rolled them out on the floor. Luckily the creasing/bending wasn't bad and didn't stay, after a few minutes they looked fine. Hopefully you will have the same luck, that said I will be making sure they do not end up with stuff sitting on them again no need to take undue chances.

Coog
01-16-2014, 04:29
As of yesterday, I have a package at the USPS sorting facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

CHolgren
01-16-2014, 06:43
Not to rub anyones nose in it, but I received my Lt. Pack before Christmas and the mats just after. I think Ares distribution warehouse has really dropped the ball. Even with the holidays I find it hard to believe that it's taken, a month? and people as close as Illinois, like myself, still haven't received their packages. Maybe they stopped shipping until all the components were in house before resuming, but still that's not an excuse. Sorry to hear such about such crappy service.

Old Ironsides
01-16-2014, 07:58
WoW, lots of leassons to be learned here...I hope they are taking notes. If they really care it would be nice to see them put out a post survey to collect issues. Much of this could have been resolved had they pushed back they street date to honor the original promise that "all" KS backers would have their rewards "weeks" before it was released.

Well at least the game is finally out. There was some talk about it at the weekly club meeting I attended last night and some that did not get in o the KS are picking up the game this week.

Hope the rest of the KS backers get their rewards soon and in good condition.

Diamondback
01-16-2014, 08:32
Update: package made the dropsite safely last night. Still stuck waiting a week to take possession... :( no chance in Hell am I fighting with that much stuff on a three-bus journey out to my aunt's and back.

Holofernes
01-16-2014, 11:57
Not yet. Maybe today though, if tracking is to be trusted. Looking forward to playing a game this weekend if so.

>> Scratch that, UPS brought them today! Woot! Couldn't resist busting them out - here's the four KS exclusives ready to scrap on my dinner table.

The Royal Hajj
01-16-2014, 16:25
Both my Admiral level mats and a local backer's Cpt pledge mat showed up inside a shipping box, still in there retail boxes and surrounded by peanuts. Not sure if the ones showing up now are the results of a lazy packer, but it's not standard practice I'm sure. Do make sure to contact Ares about it though, they should take care of you in do order.

tmon
01-16-2014, 18:21
Not to rub anyones nose in it, but I received my Lt. Pack before Christmas and the mats just after. I think Ares distribution warehouse has really dropped the ball. Even with the holidays I find it hard to believe that it's taken, a month? and people as close as Illinois, like myself, still haven't received their packages. Maybe they stopped shipping until all the components were in house before resuming, but still that's not an excuse. Sorry to hear such about such crappy service.
What a bunch of BS. First this was something the Ares warehouse people had never done before The people in Ares warehouse were never trained in mass shipments.. Second I've worked in a USAF Supply warehouse and shipping from there was a lot easier then doing a first time mass shipping like KS. Finally as for hiring a lot more workers to do it faster isn't really possible just before Christmas and the quality of the part time workers would have been quite questionable.

djbar
01-16-2014, 19:14
I received my Lt. package today along the extra mat I had ordered. There was no retail packaging on the mats. They were in their plastic bag in the box with the packing peanuts. Bent, but not creased. I would have liked to have the retail boxes for storage and transporting of the mats. I guess I can buy a mailing tube to store them in - shouldn't have to though. Everything else was in good shape. Just a little disappointed in the packaging on the long-awaited day of arrival.

Cmmdre
01-16-2014, 19:24
Not yet. Maybe today though, if tracking is to be trusted. Looking forward to playing a game this weekend if so.

>> Scratch that, UPS brought them today! Woot! Couldn't resist busting them out - here's the four KS exclusives ready to scrap on my dinner table.

Good for you Holo. Looks like fun.

The Mad Hatter
01-16-2014, 20:24
Well, my ships arrived in port today......

But the box looked like it took a long 18 to the side and fell into the sea (had a large hole in it and one side of the box was all wet)

I don't know if it was the hole and stuff fell out or it was mispacked, but I'm missing a lot of components from my order? And it looks like I got duplicates of some things, but not other things I ordered? Given the time it took to get here, the missing components, and what appears to be mis-packing by someone, quite the mess.

Gunner
01-16-2014, 20:47
It looks like a fork lift puncture.

Cmmdre
01-16-2014, 20:58
Or a foot, unfortunately.

7eat51
01-16-2014, 21:03
Ryan, sorry to hear and see this. This is simply wrong.

The Mad Hatter
01-16-2014, 21:11
Hey, if that's the worst thing that happens today - still a good day! I'll find a way to get it resolved, may just take a bit more time to get everything!

7eat51
01-16-2014, 21:13
if that's the worst thing that happens today - still a good day

Fully agree.

Nightmoss
01-16-2014, 23:04
If not a fork lift puncture it could be the triangle shape of an SoG mat box? Either way, it's really depressing to see that. I'm sure Ares will make it all good, but it's still going to be a hassle.

Gunner
01-16-2014, 23:25
it could be the triangle shape of an SoG mat box? Either way, it's really depressing to see that. I'm sure Ares will make it all good, but it's still going to be a hassle.

That's weird, It does look like the size and shape of a mat carton.

The Royal Hajj
01-17-2014, 06:38
That really sucks Ryan! If that was made by the mat box... can you imagine the force that was needed to push that through the outer box? :shock:

tmon
01-17-2014, 07:22
Mine crossed the Pacific in very good shape. Glad the new guy didn't do mine.

I got lucky with my Mats I ordered 4 extra to go with my Captain's and they fit almost perfectly in a box.

Shoot@Me
01-17-2014, 07:48
Received my package yesterday. I'm missing my extra set of damage counters... Everything else is as I ordered.

Jack Aubrey
01-17-2014, 08:44
Oh, I had ordered a extra set too. Will see when I get it.

GrouperKicker
01-17-2014, 13:48
My Lt. package arrived this afternoon.

Andy Blozinski
01-19-2014, 22:19
My stuff arrived Friday while I was out of town. I had ordered two extra frigates. I did not receive extra ships counters with them.

BSG_Fan
01-21-2014, 04:11
I still haven't received mine, and this morning my tracking information changed to "Incorrect Address - Item forwarded / redirected"...hopefully that means the postal service figured out how to get it to me, and that it's not going all the way back to the US. I double-checked the survey I submitted, and the address I gave is the same one that I get all my other mail at.

Diamondback
01-21-2014, 16:23
Um, oops--that prior list should read 9 Crew Decks, not 9 Terrain Packs.

Diamondback
01-22-2014, 15:28
Arrived at drop last Wednesday, took possession last night--all present and accounted for, so it's safely ensconced in Remote Storage.

Now I need to hope they have leftover Captain/Crew Decks that I can buy another half dozen for Wave 2... forgot about the double-sided logs. :(

BSG_Fan
01-22-2014, 16:28
I received mine today.

DeRuyter
01-23-2014, 09:18
Still nothing. E-mailed Ares for tracking numbers and awaiting reply. If they went out on 1/13 then normally I would have a UPS shipment from Indiana by now.

Tradewinds Ted
01-26-2014, 01:18
Not received mine yet. I have a tracking number and it shows the package in UK customs since Tuesday 21 Jan. No estimate of delivery, and I don't know how long that should take. I've had no contact from UK customs.

Edit as of 2 Feb: Contacted UK customs a couple days ago, and the package was held up because of the ridiculously low valuation of $5, which they questioned. But they hadn't gotten around to asking for more information yet. They wanted a copy of my invoice, so I FAXed it to them with an explanation. I see from tracking that it is now with ParceForce, and customs charges are due. So now I have to wait for ParcelForce to send me an invoice in the post, with their additional handling fee, so I can pay it and THEN hopefully get my delivery. I don't know how much it will be, but I suspect it won't be cheap.
:sad:

Edit as of 4 Feb: Got my invoice from ParcelForce and paid it, 44 sterling and change. Hopefully the package will arrive soon!

Edit as of 5 Feb: I got mine! Still need to check the inventory though....

Done! all good! :wink:

Пилот
01-26-2014, 05:43
They do make some awful mistakes, but I hope they learnt something. I'm sad to hear about problems people still have with their shipments.
Also, I hope next Kickstart* will not suffer such "child diseases").

*("Oars of Glory"? :wink: )

Nexusflex
01-26-2014, 06:10
hey all, I still have not received my Pledge, I'm Worldwide Captain
and bought several Additional ships and other Things, even though I'm a big fan of Ares I am disappointed that i still has not receiving my Pledge, we now have January 26.

sincerely,
Rene Flex.

Nightmoss
01-26-2014, 18:10
hey all, I still have not received my Pledge, I'm Worldwide Captain
and bought several Additional ships and other Things, even though I'm a big fan of Ares I am disappointed that i still has not receiving my Pledge, we now have January 26.

sincerely,
Rene Flex.

Rene, I've seen your posts on Kickstarter and am very sorry to hear you've still not received your ships. I'm certain Ares will make it right, but even so the waiting and frustration must be very difficult for you.

DeRuyter
01-27-2014, 09:02
Still no response to my query last week about tracking numbers and now the Ares crew is off to the Nuremberg Toy Fair for a week. :cry:

I have been communicating through e-mail, maybe I need to post on KS as well.

Lead mountain
01-31-2014, 15:44
My worldwide lieutenant KS parcel arrived yesterday and all present and correct but cost me additional customs charges!

Gaz67
02-03-2014, 08:30
My friend recieved his "add ons" but still hasn't got his ww lieutenant box. He's been in contact via the KS site and is waiting to be updated. Whilst not in Ares control in any way the despatch and warehousing of this project has been a bit of a letdown. There doesn't appear to have been any "pre dispatch" quaility control, with people getting double orders (glad they went to honest chaps :) ) and some getting nothing. Must be very frustrating for those yet to recieve when it's possible to buy retail.

DeRuyter
02-03-2014, 08:49
My friend recieved his "add ons" but still hasn't got his ww lieutenant box. He's been in contact via the KS site and is waiting to be updated. Whilst not in Ares control in any way the despatch and warehousing of this project has been a bit of a letdown. There doesn't appear to have been any "pre dispatch" quaility control, with people getting double orders (glad they went to honest chaps :) ) and some getting nothing. Must be very frustrating for those yet to recieve when it's possible to buy retail.

I agree. I just received my tracking number from Roberto. It is likely that my LT pledge was one package that the warehouse misplaced! I should be getting it today, but of course we are in the middle of another snowstorm!! :erk: Fortunately I am home so no chance of it being left in the wet snow. (Unfortunately SWMBO is home too, so there will be an interrogation! :girlieangry: )

Nightmoss
02-03-2014, 10:36
I agree. I just received my tracking number from Roberto. It is likely that my LT pledge was one package that the warehouse misplaced! I should be getting it today, but of course we are in the middle of another snowstorm!! :erk: Fortunately I am home so no chance of it being left in the wet snow. (Unfortunately SWMBO is home too, so there will be an interrogation! :girlieangry: )

Is it a viable option to be outside 'shoveling' snow all day in order to intercept the package? :sly:

DeRuyter
02-04-2014, 09:18
Is it a viable option to be outside 'shoveling' snow all day in order to intercept the package? :sly:

The UPS man got there before I went outside to shovel. Box safely intercepted! It was when I opened the box that the horror began. (I could now post in the KS Fiasco thread!). Mats rolled up in plastic, check, Starter Set, check, AA wood stuff, check, extra counters, check, KS ships 2x SoL check, frigates.........:question:

List of missing items:

EB LT
2x KS frigates
Terrain Packs
Smoke Marker sets
Damage Counter Bags A, B, E

Extras
Le Berwick
Hermione
Damage Bag C
Extra Ability deck

Plenty of room for this in the same box. (only one Tr#) Of course no packing slip either. Seems like a very rushed last minute job by someone who didn't care or started drinking before the end of the shift!

Alternatively the warehouse has run out of stuff, which I don't want to think about given the missing KE exclusives. E-mail sent straight away to Roberto.

I still consider myself in the running for the last to receive their pledge at this point. :bleh:

7eat51
02-04-2014, 09:39
I am sorry to hear this, Eric. I hope you will receive all of your items safely, soundly, and soon.

Nightmoss
02-04-2014, 11:33
Eric, that is beyond unfortunate. After waiting this long and then have missing items is really terrible. I'm sorry for the frustration this must be causing you?

DeRuyter
02-11-2014, 08:59
Finally received a second box presumably with my missing items, but........wait for it..........this time they packed the wrong items!! Also one of the ship boxes was pretty well crunched - luckily no damage to the ship.

:smack::cry::surrender:

On the bright side I did get most of the missing items. Now I have 2x 'D' damage bags and no 'C' bag and 2x Fougueux and no HMS Juno. Also no smoke markers. Sigh... Really the main item is the KS ships, I can live w/o the bag and markers. I did offer to send back the extra Fougueux.

Sent off another e-mail to Roberto notifying him of the mix up. Well they say that 3rd time is a charm...:pray::please:

Eric