PDA

View Full Version : The Atlantic Campaign of 1806

The Mad Hatter
01-05-2014, 23:15
Hey Guys!

I started creating my campaign file today for the Atlantic Campaign of 1806. I've started with the background text which will give you a good context within which this campaign will be set. As with my other creation, this is just a prettying up of others writing, with some slight editing on my part and made to look nice. No copyright infringements are intended against any parties in creating this work, it's purely for non-commercial purposes and our own enjoyment.

Took me most of the day to get all the text in place and the graphics work done. Many of the graphics are taken from the now defunct Warhammer Historical game Trafalgar.

Hopefully this week I'll be able to start on the second piece, which will be the rules and OOBs to actually play the campaign taking place within this historical backdrop. Lastly, I plan to create some historical scenarios as I did in my short scenario book (one of them is already done and part of that set, the last one).

Here is the file thus far:

Ryan.

Berthier
01-06-2014, 03:14
Very professional Ryan are you in desk top publishing?

7eat51
01-06-2014, 07:29
You're compiling and formatting exciting stuff, Ryan. The aesthetics are wonderful - very thematic. :thumbsup:

The Mad Hatter
01-06-2014, 09:44
Hey Berthier!

No, I'm not - not in that industry at all actually! I've just done a lot of self learning on how to use Photoshop and InDesign in order to be able to create stuff like this. Every time I make one of these type documents for something, I actually learn a thing or two more.

I think I'm just a lifelong learner when it comes to gaming! I've actually learned how to do 3D sculpting using a program called Moments of Imagination along with many other things, all because of my love of gaming and passion to create things. On top of that, I enjoy giving back to the community of gamers, making things that others can use to enrich their "gaming lives"!

DeRuyter
01-15-2014, 11:06
Hey Berthier!

No, I'm not - not in that industry at all actually! I've just done a lot of self learning on how to use Photoshop and InDesign in order to be able to create stuff like this. Every time I make one of these type documents for something, I actually learn a thing or two more.

I think I'm just a lifelong learner when it comes to gaming! I've actually learned how to do 3D sculpting using a program called Moments of Imagination along with many other things, all because of my love of gaming and passion to create things. On top of that, I enjoy giving back to the community of gamers, making things that others can use to enrich their "gaming lives"!

Very cool - thanks from a gamer!! :hatsoff:

Eric

Berthier
01-15-2014, 16:57
Hey Berthier!

Ryan
Well I'm impressed. Now if your 3D sculpt programming skills are half as good as your publishing ones then we may have a few jobs for you :happy:

The Mad Hatter
01-15-2014, 18:48
Hey Berthier -

Well my 3D sculpting skills aren't bad - I don't do a ton of it, just off and on for fun. It isn't so much building the object, its the fact that current 3D printing technology isn't all that hot. If you don't mind paying a lot of money, you can get some pretty good stuff, but I consider Shapeways to be low quality printing.

Doing stuff like Napoleonic ships is a bit more difficult, mainly because the fluid lines of the hull aren't always the easiest to get right. I've used it to create starships and such where you don't have to get it 100% exact as you're not working from a scale drawing. Working from a scale drawing and getting it exact is an added element of difficulty, although not insurmountable.

I'd say my graphics skill set is greater than my 3D sculpting.

Scargap
02-01-2014, 20:59
What you have so far looks great! I can't wait to see more.

FlyXwire
02-07-2014, 07:00
Ryan, this (and your previous scenarios folio) are 1st Class rated!

Looking forward to the Campaign rules & additional scenarios!!!