PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Cloud Markers

Drkangell
01-03-2014, 23:28
Hey there, so as part of the lieutenant level KS I got four smoke cloud markers, though they seem to have brown sticky paper on them, is this meant to be peeled off? Some of the brown paper like material has writing on it so I figured if I peeled it off of those ones at least i wouldn't be losing anything, but as it is now they are useless to me. I saw in the store it said color it in with a crayon, what is that supposed to mean? Thanks in advance

Andy Blozinski
01-03-2014, 23:40
Yes, brown paper peels off. When I ran the demo, it worked best with the brown paper left on one side. The white side meant you just fired. The brown side meant you were reloading. No marker means you're loaded and ready to fire.

Drkangell
01-03-2014, 23:49
Thank you that helps a lot, I was afraid of ruining them haha. So it has some accent cuts, do you color with a crayon then wipe off everywhere but the depressed areas?

7eat51
01-03-2014, 23:51
Yes, brown paper peels off. When I ran the demo, it worked best with the brown paper left on one side. The white side meant you just fired. The brown side meant you were reloading. No marker means you're loaded and ready to fire.

We did something similar. It worked great - the info was right there on the table.

I looked for the posts that showed pictures of folks coloring/highlighting the markers, but can't find them. Basically, they highlighted the borders of the white side with a black marker, and added a few swooshes to enhance the cloud effect.

The Royal Hajj
01-04-2014, 07:53
Thank you that helps a lot, I was afraid of ruining them haha. So it has some accent cuts, do you color with a crayon then wipe off everywhere but the depressed areas?

Yes, you can fill the accent cuts and wipe any access off with a paper towel. That will give you the details you see in all the photos.

RickyBobbyFan
02-16-2014, 04:39
Hi, I did not get the smoke markers during KS. Where can I purchase them now? Thank you for any help in advance.

Diamondback
02-16-2014, 05:33
Click "Anchorage Store" at top of page.

RickyBobbyFan
02-16-2014, 07:46
Thank you.

Capn Duff
02-19-2014, 03:40
Was going to order a couple of smoke markers with the new preorder for wave two but can't find them on the site have they been removed?
Same for the wooden combat rulers?

KeithS
02-19-2014, 04:49
Was going to order a couple of smoke markers with the new preorder for wave two but can't find them on the site have they been removed?
Same for the wooden combat rulers?

They still seem to be there under Home -> Official Products -> Sails of Glory

I have had problems navigating to the page whereby if I click on the 'Official Products ' part of the menu rather than the 'Sails of Glory' dropdown it displays a message "There are no products matching the selection.".

Capn Duff
02-19-2014, 05:14
Hi Keith, yes I found it was that, my iPad was not navigating properly so off to my PC :)

KeithS
02-19-2014, 08:21
Hi Keith, yes I found it was that, my iPad was not navigating properly so off to my PC :)

Yes, I had that problem with the iPad, for some reason it is very difficult (although not completely impossible) to click on the dropdown SoG with finger tapping, it may be easier with a stylus perhaps.

Capn Duff
02-19-2014, 09:03
Nope I use stylus

RickyBobbyFan
03-01-2014, 03:51
Hi there fellow SOG gamers/hobbyists. Does anyone know when the
Smoke cloud markers will be back in stock? Thanks in advance.

David Manley
03-01-2014, 05:15
I suspect Keith might know :happy:

The Royal Hajj
03-03-2014, 07:17
In stock now ;)