PDA

View Full Version : Solitaire Games

Tommy Z
12-26-2013, 03:32
Ok, I finally had some time off and attempted a few solo games. Modified a bit from the rules, but very easy to run. i used most of the advanced & optional rules (damages, crew actions, continuous fire, wind direction changes). I played a total of 4 games (1v1 SOL's) and lost 3 out of the 4 games I played. One of the games I was totally destroyed when the French ship was taken aback 3 moves in a row and just kept slowly backing away using continuous fire and had 2 raking shots in a row. (2 fires onboard, a leak & 2 broken masts!).

It's forcing me to expect the unexpected. It's important to get that 1st salvo off! :thumbsup::shootleft::shootleft:

I ended up spending most of my actions fighting damage on board!:help:

I'll try to play one with pictures tomorrow! I hope I have better luck. :pray:

Opening Shot of My 1st Solo Game

Nightmoss
12-26-2013, 08:41
Thanks, Tommy for the report. I'm expecting to play a lot of solo games so this information is very interesting and helpful. Nice photo as well, which has me wanting my ships even more! :minis::minis::minis:

Moideeb
12-26-2013, 11:30
Thanks for the description. Thanks for the picture, definitely want more, the pictures help to tide me over until my ships arrive.
It's interesting to hear someone's perspective on how solo play works too. Look forward to more pictures and report tomorrow.

Comte de Brueys
12-26-2013, 13:02
One picture, but a nice one.

The ships look great on the gaming mat.

DeRuyter
12-26-2013, 13:49
I am not a big fan of the grid. The lines show too much, although as a consolation I can use the mat to play naval games requiring a grid.

Tommy Z
12-26-2013, 14:33
I am not a big fan of the grid. The lines show too much, although as a consolation I can use the mat to play naval games requiring a grid.

For the Solo Games, I find the grid allows me to reposition & center the ships back away from the edge of the mat.

It also helps with the attitude indicator to determine wind direction.

7eat51
12-27-2013, 16:31
Thanks, Tommy.

I have been enjoying the solo WGF rules, and the missions I have flown this year have been a lot of fun. I look forward to seeing what solo developments will occur here once we have the game in-hand. If SoG solo play will be anything like WoG solo play, it will be quite beneficial for those who do not have many playing partners.

Naharaht
12-28-2013, 21:14
I would certainly be interested in some solo game rules.

Tommy Z
12-29-2013, 12:43
Solo Rules are included in the rulebook. Fairly simple, but iI modified them a bit for my own use.