PDA

View Full Version : Painting Improvements

David Manley
12-08-2013, 08:45
In the past we have discussed the potential merits of painting in yards and other details, light brown washes etc. Well, I can tell you I gave it a go on a frigate this morning and it really has made a decent model even better. Its a bit fiddly what with the model being assembled, so a little care and a fine brush are needed. It would be far easier f the masts could be removed but they seem prone to snapping at the base if you try to remove them so I'd just live with and be careful.

I also added some ratlines (lower portions only) using the netting material that Rod Langton used to sell. Again, really worthwhile.

The only bad thing to report is - no camera available at the moment! When that is rectified I'll post some shots but for now take my word for it. Only a little effort needed and the results are great.

Andy Blozinski
12-08-2013, 08:55
The only bad thing to report is - no camera available at the moment! When that is rectified I'll post some shots but for now take my word for it. Only a little effort needed and the results are great.

OK, we'll believe this as much as we believe that story you told us about you and Cameron Diaz one crazy night in Vegas. Photos or it didn't happen.

Cmmdre
12-08-2013, 08:57
Excellent information David. Can hardly contain the excitement of almost having my ships. :minis:

Nightmoss
12-08-2013, 09:06
I'm with Andy. Pictures or it didn't happen. :wink:

Kidding aside, thanks for taking the initial plunge and doing some enhancement work on the ships. I sure hope they do arrive by the holidays so I might have some extra time to work on them?

David Manley
12-08-2013, 09:14
OK, we'll believe this as much as we believe that story you told us about you and Cameron Diaz one crazy night in Vegas. Photos or it didn't happen.

No, I told you Sandra Bullock, not Cameron Diaz :happy:

Coog
12-08-2013, 11:13
No, I told you Sandra Bullock, not Cameron Diaz :happy:

You told me it was Geena Davis...in her pirate outfit!:hmmm:

Diamondback
12-08-2013, 13:09
Sounds like a Fish Story to me... about as believable as my hot, weeklong foursome with Julia Roberts, Christina Hendricks and Vanna White. :P LOL

Devsdoc
12-08-2013, 13:38
Oh David,
You start a thread on painting ships to help us and what happens Sex, sex and more sex. More please :embarass:
Be safe
Rory

Nightmoss
12-08-2013, 15:05
Oh David,
You start a thread on painting ships to help us and what happens Sex, sex and more sex. More please :embarass:
Be safe
Rory

Rory, it's like the famous line attributed to Mae West. "I used to be Snow White, but I drifted." :happy:

Berthier
12-08-2013, 15:21
Come on David if you have a mobile phone nowadays you have a camera!:happy: So post those photos of Sandra, err the frigate.

Gunner
12-08-2013, 18:01
Oh David,
Be safe
Rory

Rory, try starting a thread on "Sex, sex and more sex" and see if it will turn into body, I mean ship painting.

Devsdoc
12-08-2013, 19:04
Rory, try starting a thread on "Sex, sex and more sex" and see if it will turn into body, I mean ship painting.

:dazed: :question: :embarass: :happy:
Be safe
Rory :salute:

Пилот
12-08-2013, 19:06

Maybe sex-paintings :shock::girlie:
:wink:

Diamondback
12-11-2013, 18:56
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/InfoLandsknecht/Macros/forgetthis.gif

csadn
12-20-2013, 16:26
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/500/cannot-be-unseen.jpg