PDA

View Full Version : _Admiral_ game -- an (unpleasant) update

csadn
11-13-2013, 15:59
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1035008/pre-order-progress-anybody-got-this-yet

Short version: Game Salute has taken folks' money, then cancelled orders, and is being remarkably uncommunicative when folks ask about refunds.

I am collecting data preparatory to figuring out which state/country's anti-fraud unit I will be needing to speak to -- to the surprise of no one, there is no physical-location address on the website.

UPDATE:

Registrant Name: Daniel Yarrington
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 8 Stiles Rd.
Registrant City: Salem
Registrant State/Province: New Hampshire
Registrant Postal Code: 03079
Registrant Country: United States
Admin Name: Daniel Yarrington
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 8 Stiles Rd.
Admin City: Salem
Admin State/Province: New Hampshire
Admin Postal Code: 03079
Admin Country: United States
Admin Phone: (603) 681-0355
Admin Fax:
Admin Email: dan.yarrington@gmail.com
Tech Name: Daniel Yarrington
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 8 Stiles Rd.
Tech City: Salem
Tech State/Province: New Hampshire
Tech Postal Code: 03079
Tech Country: United States
Tech Phone: (603) 681-0355
Tech Fax:
Tech Email: dan.yarrington@gmail.com
Name Server: NS2863.HOSTGATOR.COM
Name Server: NS2864.HOSTGATOR.COM

Next stop: "Live Free Or Die" country....

Diamondback
11-13-2013, 18:41
Time to file disputes with Amazon Payments and/or your credit-card processors...

7eat51
11-13-2013, 20:42
For a previous thread on this game: http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?1221-Kickstarter-another-game&highlight=Admiral+Board+game

RichardPF
11-13-2013, 22:05
The website of the maker of the game still seems to be in operation:

http://bombatgame.com/en

Andy Blozinski
11-14-2013, 05:26
I kind of wondered when people were going to start doing fraudulent things with Kickstarter and how they would play out.

Coog
11-14-2013, 06:24
I don't know if it is as much fraud, or at least started out as such, as much as it is someone in over their heads in starting a business.

Cmmdre
11-14-2013, 07:56
It appears the problems are with Game Salute and not Bombat. I read through some posts at BBG and people were getting their game through Game Surplus and having fun playing.

DeRuyter
11-14-2013, 08:59
I also noticed on BGG that some people did get refunds from Game Salute eventually.

David Manley
11-14-2013, 09:21
I kind of wondered when people were going to start doing fraudulent things with Kickstarter and how they would play out.

It started some time ago. There have been a number of stories over on TMP about gaming related KS projects that were funded and then failed to deliver. It seemed a fairly low percentage of disappointed punters who saw any of their investment come back to them :(

7eat51
11-14-2013, 11:09
It seemed a fairly low percentage of disappointed punters who saw any of their investment come back to them :(

That's discouraging. Trust is a fragile construct. It will be interesting to see what the KS site will do if breaches increase. It will have to respond with some sort of protection so as to attract investors.

RichardPF
11-14-2013, 11:20
That's discouraging. Trust is a fragile construct. It will be interesting to see what the KS site will do if breaches increase. It will have to respond with some sort of protection so as to attract investors.

I think that KS has always been torn between the image of projects being from companies providing goods at a price and projects that are startups with some degree of completion risk looking for investment capital for something that may not work.

max_bombat
11-14-2013, 12:01
Hi guys,

Please find attached information at first hand:

Game Salute distributor company really after starting preorder didn't respond to our (BombatGame) mails (aimed on games sending to them) in time, and not only we but our fans were disappointed with that. Finally we recommended fans to ask for refund. GameSalute sent refund to them today (3 weeks after request for it).
We can't say about reasons of such bad communication: either problems with GameSalute, or we (BombatGame) are too small for them, but in any case we hoped at least for good communication on the reasons.

As at now we have 200 Admirals and 200 Zoo-Regatta games in our warehouse, packed for shipment to USA (so with English rules) according to our discussions with GameSalute in summer. So we are searching for distributor (and will be glad for help in this area).

We also started:
- sales from our website (through 2checkout payment system (with paypal available)).
- sales to USA Retailers. And first of all shipped games to Game Surplus - USA retailer with good reputation.
So customers can order games without any risk for them.

Best regards, Max
office_eng@bombatgame.com

7eat51
11-14-2013, 12:23
Thank you for weighing in on this Max. Best wishes on your endeavor.

Gaz67
11-14-2013, 14:46
Good effort in trying to sort out your problems Max, best of luck with it.

csadn
11-14-2013, 15:26
I guess they heard me -- my refund arrived sometime this morning.

Still, having the data here can be useful for others who don't get theirs.... >:)

[rumbles around the wardroom: "Dear God -- he's not just a Pirate... he's a *LAWYER*!"]