PDA

View Full Version : Victory and Constitution?

GrouperKicker
11-08-2013, 12:21
I've posted the question a few times on the KS page, but haven't gotten a response...
Does anyone have any insight into the delivery date for the V & C packs? I know that they were supposed to be Jan 2014, but I'm assuming that there will be some push back in the date.

The Royal Hajj
11-08-2013, 12:39
I'm pretty sure they are going to be delayed due to the initial ships being delayed. Beyond that, I've got no better idea of a release date then anyone else.

GrouperKicker
11-08-2013, 12:52
On a similar note... any guess when the first wave of SoG ships will be available for shipping at the Anchorage store? (Will the timing coincide with KS backers receiving their shipments or will it be some time later?)

The Royal Hajj
11-08-2013, 14:34
I don't have a date yet, so can't really say. I only bought in at a single Admiral level, so I will have three sets to see as soon as they arrive. My normal stock order will most likely have to wait until the actual street date.

David Manley
11-08-2013, 16:18
Discussions on the detail of models still ongoing to they are some way off just yet I think.

RichardPF
11-09-2013, 18:19
Discussions on the detail of models still ongoing to they are some way off just yet I think.

The original descriptions from the KS said that they would be more detailed than the standard models.
Since Ares has significantly improved the detail on the standard models, they have likely raised the bar for themselves on Victory and Constitution.

When we get them, they should be amazing.

fredmiracle
11-10-2013, 00:19
The original descriptions from the KS said that they would be more detailed than the standard models.
Since Ares has significantly improved the detail on the standard models, they have likely raised the bar for themselves on Victory and Constitution.

When we get them, they should be amazing.

Maybe this is silly, but would we WANT them to be a lot more detailed? I like a uniformity of style on the gameboard, and I wonder if they will fit in well with the other ships if they are a lot more elaborate...?

RichardPF
11-10-2013, 10:10
Maybe this is silly, but would we WANT them to be a lot more detailed? I like a uniformity of style on the gameboard, and I wonder if they will fit in well with the other ships if they are a lot more elaborate...?

Everyone's taste is unique, but I would say that more detailed would almost always be better.
You will find lots of posts around this site (and others) describing the lengths people go to in adding additional details to their ships.

Gunner
11-10-2013, 11:00
What Bruce said.

7eat51
11-10-2013, 13:01
Everyone's taste is unique, but I would say that more detailed would almost always be better.

Especially for ships of this caliber. These aren't just another two ships in the respective fleets, but icons, if you will.

Cool Breeze
11-17-2013, 08:49
Especially for ships of this caliber. These aren't just another two ships in the respective fleets, but icons, if you will.

Indeed! While I see the merit of uniformity, when one of these babies hits the table, it should be special.

Beowulf03809
11-20-2013, 09:59
In miniature wargames I always do my best to paint my rank and file troops well and detailed (I've never been in the "three colors is good" camp) but even so I still spend extra time on my medium Heroes / Leaders and can spend days painting a single major Hero / Leader. I have no gripe about the V/C being more detailed...as long as the rest of the fleet is still looking good on their own! :rum:

mleaman
01-05-2014, 12:15
Will these be available in retail? I couldn't pony up more than $130 for the Earlybird Lt. level at the time. I was kind of banking on them being available in the retail channel.

7eat51
01-05-2014, 12:31
Will these be available in retail? I couldn't pony up more than $130 for the Earlybird Lt. level at the time. I was kind of banking on them being available in the retail channel.

Yes. Don't pay attention to the dates, but from the KS page:

- HMS Victory Option - You may add $ 20 to your pledge (Canadian backers must add $3, International backers must add $ 8 to cover shipping charges) to request the HMS Victory option. HMS Victory will be presented as a Special Ship Pack, with:

enhanced detail
special deck including the Captain and Admiral cards, and Crew and Ability cards, related to the ships
multiple ship cards/ship logs accounting for the variation of crew and equipment cards in the history of the ship.

We expect the HMS Victory Special Ship Pack to retail at approximately $25/$28.This option is expected to ship in January, 2014.

- USS Constitution Option - You may add $ 20 to your pledge (Canadian backers must add $ 23, International backers must add $ 8 to cover shipping charges) to request the USS Constitution option. The US Constitution will be presented as a Special Ship Pack, similar to the HMS Victory Special Ship Pack, and will retail at approximately $25/$28 . This option is expected to ship in January, 2014.

- HMS Victory + USS Constitution Combo Option - If you request both the Victory and the Constitution, shipping charges are only due once. So US backers may add $ 40, Canadian backers $ 43 ($ 40+ $ 3), International backers add $ 48 ($ 40+$ 8) to include both ships with their rewards. This option is expected to ship in January, 2014.

David Manley
01-05-2014, 12:31
Delayed and now coming in Summer 2014. Wave 2 will be released first.

Gunner
01-05-2014, 13:23
When I asked Ares if I could increase my order for the Victory and Constitution I received this reply,

"yes, we will re-solicit them (for backers who missed them, or those that want to modify the quantity) in due time, don't worry!

We'll wait until we have a more accurate release date to do so.

Thanks!"

Nightmoss
01-05-2014, 15:19
When I asked Ares if I could increase my order for the Victory and Constitution I received this reply,

"yes, we will re-solicit them (for backers who missed them, or those that want to modify the quantity) in due time, don't worry!

We'll wait until we have a more accurate release date to do so.

Thanks!"

Thanks for that good news, Ed. At the time I thought one copy of the Victory and Constitution would be enough. Now I know better and would certainly like to have some additional sets.