PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 1st Wave ship

Gunner
10-25-2013, 19:08
What is your favorite, and which 1st wave ship do you think will be sold out first:question:

My money is on the French ship Commerce de Bordeaux, since it has the black, yellow, black, yellow, black Nelson checker and can be used as any of a number of ships from either side from the Trafalgar era.

RichardPF
10-25-2013, 19:32
What is your favorite, and which 1st wave ship do you think will be sold out first:question:

My money is on the French ship Commerce de Bordeaux, since it has the black, yellow, black, yellow, black Nelson checker and can be used as any of a number of ships from either side from the Trafalgar era.

My answer to this would depend on how well Ares estimates demand to set production run totals and...
whether you consider Victory and Constitution as first wave ships.

My guess is that the demand for each of those ships will go far beyond game players.
If that is not considered when setting production run totals, they may be gone fast.

Coog
10-25-2013, 19:36
I like the 32-gun HMS Terpsichore, if you include the starter set. Not including the starter set, HMS Cleopatra. I think HMS Bellona will be the most popular. If you include USS Constitution, it would be my choice and should outsell everything else.

Comte de Brueys
10-25-2013, 23:01
I ordered a Commerce de Bordeaux and a French frigate from the series I ships.

I think, you're right Ed. :wink:

David Manley
10-26-2013, 03:07
If you include USS Constitution, it would be my choice and should outsell everything else.

Depends on whether people take to the rules for SOL squadron and fleet actions. If that happens then gash 74s will outsell everything

Jack Aubrey
10-26-2013, 07:59
I like the 32-gun HMS Terpsichore, if you include the starter set. Not including the starter set, HMS Cleopatra. I think HMS Bellona will be the most popular. If you include USS Constitution, it would be my choice and should outsell everything else.

Sorry, but I loose with HMS Terpischore my first demo game....no chance against the french ship of the line....and no escape :sad::dazed:

David Manley
10-26-2013, 08:47
Frigates vs SoLs - never a happy combination.

Hope you enjoyed the game though!

Nightmoss
10-26-2013, 09:55
If the Victory and Constitution are to be considered first wave I'd have to go with the Victory, although I think it will be a race between the Constitution and Victory on which sells out first.

If these are not first wave I'm going with the Commerce de Bordeaux. Even in pre production it's a sharp looking ship, and as Ed mentioned could have broad use for the player base.

Jack Aubrey
10-27-2013, 02:37
Frigates vs SoLs - never a happy combination.

Hope you enjoyed the game though!

It was tricky... I was on the right border of the playingfield, wind comes from right and my mate with his SoL on my left side blocks me, so i could get away.
The French SoL-player sails ailways in the wind, played a red card and was drawn back, and so I was always in firerange of its 7" SoL, that was my end.
I will try this later when I have my game here, maybe an interesting strategy....:hmmm:
But I enjoyed the game, it is super :happy:

The Mad Hatter
10-27-2013, 09:59
I'd agree with Ed, the color scheme of that ship is just so useful to represent a huge number of British ships. I'll probably acquire at least 3-4 of them I'm guessing, maybe a few subtle repaints to distinguish them apart.

Gunner
10-27-2013, 11:18
I'd agree with Ed, the color scheme of that ship is just so useful to represent a huge number of British ships. I'll probably acquire at least 3-4 of them I'm guessing, maybe a few subtle repaints to distinguish them apart.

We think alike Ryan. I just ordered four extras.

RichardPF
10-27-2013, 11:56
We think alike Ryan. I just ordered four extras.

Wow!
I hadn't even considered doing a pre order before the KS shipped.
Thanks!

Looks like a few more will be headed to AZ.

Interesting that Commerce de Bordeaux is the only individual ship listed at the Anchorage store right now.
I wonder why...

Gunner
10-27-2013, 13:21
Check them out again Bruce.
When I go to the Anchorage store then click on miniatures, Sails of Glory then Napoleonic Wars, Keith has them all listed.

Cmmdre
10-27-2013, 13:25
Wow!
I hadn't even considered doing a pre order before the KS shipped.
Thanks!

Looks like a few more will be headed to AZ.

Interesting that Commerce de Bordeaux is the only individual ship listed at the Anchorage store right now.
I wonder why...

Click on miniatures > Sails of Glory > which will show all models.

RichardPF
10-27-2013, 13:34
Click on miniatures > Sails of Glory > which will show all models.

Yep! Thanks.

Diamondback
10-27-2013, 23:07
Tossup... Bellona as the defining ship of the Slade Common 74 family, or Bellerophon as the ship that ran the Mad Little Corsican to heel.

All this assuming of course that Victory and Constitution don't count... if they do it becomes a tossup between them.