PDA

View Full Version : Aerodrome Memberships

Pseudotheist
10-18-2013, 18:31
So, there's been a lot of movement on our sister site about server needs and paid memberships and account restrictions. I was curious how that talk will affect this site. Are the sites physically coupled in any way? Do we share server space, so an upgrade to the Aerodrome will be a boon to this site as well, or will the Anchorage have to find it's own way to fund seperate server space? Will a premuim subscripton apply to both sites, be completely seperate, or will there be a multi-policy discount? Or do we expect a completely different system to play out here as this site matures?

RichardPF
10-18-2013, 19:23
So, there's been a lot of movement on our sister site about server needs and paid memberships and account restrictions. I was curious how that talk will affect this site. Are the sites physically coupled in any way? Do we share server space, so an upgrade to the Aerodrome will be a boon to this site as well, or will the Anchorage have to find it's own way to fund seperate server space? Will a premuim subscripton apply to both sites, be completely seperate, or will there be a multi-policy discount? Or do we expect a completely different system to play out here as this site matures?

Thanks for the heads up on this!
I have not been very active on the Aerodrome side of things but am happy to support that side of the site too.

Gunner
10-18-2013, 19:30
They have many times the members we have. I wouldn't think we will be affected until we grow more.

The Royal Hajj
10-22-2013, 09:19
While I'll be taking lessons learned from the Aerodrome site, this site is a long ways away from needing funding beyond what is already being provided.

Currently the sites are completely separate in every way. I will most likely be moving this site to the same upgraded server the Aerodrome is going to be moving to. It just make more since to consolidate the expenses in this area. But no other changes are in store for this site as of now.