PDA

View Full Version : Hello, again

RichardPF
10-12-2013, 20:34
Hello,
Some of you may have noticed that I have been very quiet on the site for the past few months.
Just exactly 4 months ago, my wife Laurel was diagnosed with Leukemia.

She has been receiving treatment at a hospital in Scottsdale (about 100 miles from our home in Prescott).
She has spent about half of that time in the hospital and the other half in a condo that some of my coworkers rented for us near the hospital.

She is now in remission, feeling fine, and her "numbers" have returned to normal.

Yesterday evening we returned home to Prescott.

While her treatment will be ongoing, I will likely have time to be a bit more active on the site again.

In addition, I have a number of unfinished projects related to the site which need attention:

I will be getting back to my pursuit of creating printed 3D models (especially forts) with accurate enough detail that I hope to be able to distribute as objects or post on one of the 3D printing sites.
I will finally get the templates for the card stock 3D landscape models posted (that will likely come first).
I will start a project for which I have bought tools and materials but have yet to post involving low cost low production casting.

7eat51
10-12-2013, 21:47
Bruce, it is wonderful to know Laurel is in remission. We truly hope the best for you both. Please pass on our regards.

It is very good having you back. You were missed quite a bit.

Naharaht
10-12-2013, 22:02
That is good news about your wife. My best wishes for her continued recovery.

Coog
10-12-2013, 22:58
Great to hear your wife is doing well and that you are back.

Diamondback
10-12-2013, 23:03
Thoughts and prayers, amigo.

Cmmdre
10-13-2013, 09:10
You were missed Bruce and it is good news that your wife is doing better. :pray: Welcome back. :clap:

Nightmoss
10-13-2013, 09:19
Good to see you back and especially with the good news on your wife's health.

Gunner
10-13-2013, 11:37
Hi Bruce, glad to hear the good news about your wife.
After the SGN ships come in maybe we can have a game the next time I go to J&G guns in Prescott.

RichardPF
10-13-2013, 22:01
We are actually in the process of buying a new house that turns out to be about 2.7 miles from J&G.

Gunner
10-13-2013, 22:47
We are actually in the process of buying a new house that turns out to be about 2.7 miles from J&G.

Congratulations on your new home.
If you're settled in after the SGN ships arrive, PM me. The next time J&G has a :pistole: gun on sale that I can't live without, maybe we can have a game.

Comte de Brueys
10-13-2013, 23:16
Good to hear, that your wife has recovered, Bruce.

Sounds like you and your family had a real hard time.

Welcome back to duty, monsieur. :salute:

The Royal Hajj
10-14-2013, 06:28
Bruce, once again it is great having you back among the rest of these salty dogs! This is great news regarding the wife and I will continue sending positive thoughts your way!

Devsdoc
10-14-2013, 08:21
Hi Bruce,
Missed your threads, missed you. I am sorry to hear that Laurel was unwell. I wish you both well and enjoy your new home. I hope we hear more from you now. 1st Laurel, 2nd yourself, 3rd new home then 4th us.
Be safe
Rory

RichardPF
10-29-2013, 23:44
Good to see you back and especially with the good news on your wife's health.

You were missed Bruce and it is good news that your wife is doing better. :pray: Welcome back. :clap:

Thoughts and prayers, amigo.

Great to hear your wife is doing well and that you are back.

That is good news about your wife. My best wishes for her continued recovery.

Bruce, it is wonderful to know Laurel is in remission. We truly hope the best for you both. Please pass on our regards.

It is very good having you back. You were missed quite a bit.

Hi Bruce, glad to hear the good news about your wife.
After the SGN ships come in maybe we can have a game the next time I go to J&G guns in Prescott.

Congratulations on your new home.
If you're settled in after the SGN ships arrive, PM me. The next time J&G has a :pistole: gun on sale that I can't live without, maybe we can have a game.

Good to hear, that your wife has recovered, Bruce.

Sounds like you and your family had a real hard time.

Welcome back to duty, monsieur. :salute:

Bruce, once again it is great having you back among the rest of these salty dogs! This is great news regarding the wife and I will continue sending positive thoughts your way!

Hi Bruce,
Missed your threads, missed you. I am sorry to hear that Laurel was unwell. I wish you both well and enjoy your new home. I hope we hear more from you now. 1st Laurel, 2nd yourself, 3rd new home then 4th us.
Be safe
Rory

I am sorry to be so remiss in not responding to these well wishes in a more timely manner.
No excuses, I just did it badly.

All continues to go well for Laurel health, she will likely have to put in more time with the hospital at some point but for now we are just enjoying the time.

The closing on the new house in Prescott it just a week away now (seems like it is taking forever).
Once we have it I will post a picture or two.
Prescott is really a wonderful place.
All are invited for a game or just to look at the local scenery but if everyone comes at the same time parking may get a bit tight.

7eat51
10-30-2013, 13:35
Bruce, the fact that, in the midst of all you have going on, you can be back online with us is a gift. You presence, at whatever level is currently possible, is appreciated.

Please pass on our best to Laurel.

Berthier
10-30-2013, 19:43
Bruce Apologies for the late response, I completely missed this thread. Glad to have you back an active and with a healthy family. Best wishes.

RichardPF
10-30-2013, 21:23
Bruce Apologies for the late response, I completely missed this thread. Glad to have you back an active and with a healthy family. Best wishes.

No worries and thank you!

RichardPF
10-30-2013, 21:27
So this is waaay off topic (other than I had mentioned something about the house in an earlier post).

I was looking at the Google street view of the house that we are buying in Prescott and found that there was a very interesting UFO flying over it.
(It was a UFO until I identified it anyway...)

Any guesses at what it was?

Gunner
10-30-2013, 21:50
Hot air balloon?

Gunner
10-30-2013, 23:05
party balloon?

Coog
10-30-2013, 23:11
A drone.

Gunner
10-30-2013, 23:15
A drone.

I know Arizona's not Obuma's favorite State, but a drone over Prescott??

RichardPF
10-31-2013, 00:14
OK, Here are blowups:

7445 7446

David Manley
10-31-2013, 00:27
How patriotic, you are obviously moving into a great neighbourhood! :happy:

RichardPF
10-31-2013, 00:44
How patriotic, you are obviously moving into a great neighbourhood! :happy:

Yes!
When I saw it in the pictures I thought: "What are the odds?"

But after the home inspector finished his look at the house we all sat around the kitchen table at the property to discuss what he had found (he was impressed with the condition and construction quality).
I started looking around at the décor items that were still in the house and noticed a number of eagle related items: statues, collector plates, pictures and such.

You can't really tell from the front of the house pictures, but the house is actually at the top of a hill. Here are some pictures from the listing taken from the deck at the back of the house:

7447 7448 7449

We just may have bald eagles for neighbors!

Gunner
10-31-2013, 01:23
Pick up a rabbit distress call and try to lure the eagle closer for a better picture. And hope it doesn't rip your lips off.
Years ago I was using one at night and didn't see the owl until it swooped to about three inches from my face. Still have that picture in my mind.

You have a great looking place. Hope to drop by some day.

7eat51
10-31-2013, 08:24
That is a lovely view, Bruce.

Congratulations on the new house.

We might be in Prescott next year attending a graduation at Northcentral University. If we are, it would be wonderful to meet. Maybe Ed could join in the fun.

The Royal Hajj
10-31-2013, 08:35
Nice place you are getting there. I can envision games of Wings and Sails on that back deck.

RichardPF
10-31-2013, 10:32
Nice place you are getting there. I can envision games of Wings and Sails on that back deck.

That would work well, but we are also setting up this room as a gaming room.
(we will probably get rid of the railing)
from the listing photos

7eat51
10-31-2013, 11:00
That would work well, but we are also setting up this room as a gaming room.
(we will probably get rid of the railing)
from the listing photos

The side room with the railing could be a useful place to put players in after you capture their ships.

RichardPF
10-31-2013, 11:05

We might be in Prescott next year attending a graduation at Northcentral University. If we are, it would be wonderful to meet. Maybe Ed could join in the fun.

That sounds great!

I think that there are a one or two more members in addition to Ed who are from the Phoenix area (one at least who is also very active on the Wings side).
If the graduation is in the summer, it would probably not take much coaxing to get the folks from Phoenix to come "up the hill" to Prescott.
The house is at about 5600 feet, so the temps are a good bit nicer than Phoenix in the summer.

And remember Ed, we will be less than 3 miles from J&G!

The Royal Hajj
10-31-2013, 12:29
Well I've checked and it's "only" a 12 hour drive for me. lol

Gunner
10-31-2013, 13:25
Count me in.

RichardPF
10-31-2013, 23:57

I had actually lived in Prescott for a while before I knew Northcentral University was here.
They have a gigantic building in Prescott Valley, but it is in a rather quiet non commercial part of town.
They seem to be getting to be big stuff in recent times, especially in grad programs.

RichardPF
11-01-2013, 00:02
Well I've checked and it's "only" a 12 hour drive for me. lol

Getting here is no problem:

"Just make a right at Albuquerque."

Wasn't that a Bugs Bunny line?

The Royal Hajj
11-01-2013, 07:27
Getting here is no problem:

"Just make a right at Albuquerque."

Wasn't that a Bugs Bunny line?

RichardPF
11-01-2013, 12:03

Maybe he got lost on the way home...

RichardPF
11-01-2013, 12:05
Pick up a rabbit distress call and try to lure the eagle closer for a better picture. And hope it doesn't rip your lips off.
Years ago I was using one at night and didn't see the owl until it swooped to about three inches from my face. Still have that picture in my mind.

You have a great looking place. Hope to drop by some day.

And keeping with the theme from just above:

http://youtu.be/Yxiv3CBMS4M