PDA

View Full Version : Official rules

Comte de Brueys
09-28-2013, 20:27
Is there any special day, when Ares Games will present the SoG rules for all gamers? :question:

I understand - it's a consolation for all KS members that expected SoG for August 2013, but does the rest have to wait until the official game release?

The Royal Hajj
10-01-2013, 06:38
The official rules will only be available in the Starter sets for those that did not support the KS project. With other games in the past, Ares has posted a PDF of the rules, but his has typically been well after the game had hit the store shelves.

If you were not in on the KS, I would not expect to see the rules in till you or someone near your opens a box ;)

Comte de Brueys
10-01-2013, 07:55
Already ordered one basic game in Germany for shure, First Sealord. :swordleft:

(Shipping cost and expected customs made me choice this way. :dazed:)

My first thoughts, when reading a discussion about "online released" rules here were, that I missed some news.

When realizing that it's for KS members only, I wonder if Ares games will publish the rules when the game hit the shops.

Thank you for the clarification. :hatsoff:

The Royal Hajj
10-01-2013, 08:19
Already ordered one basic game in Germany for shure, First Sealord. :swordleft:

(Shipping cost and expected customs made me choice this way. :dazed:)

I understand. I think one day we will see them as a PDF, just not anytime soon.

Pseudotheist
10-01-2013, 12:33
When realizing that it's for KS members only, I wonder if Ares games will publish the rules when the game hit the shops.

Roberto Di Meglio actually claimed on BGG that "We will soon post the rules on the Aresgames website". Maybe they'll only be partial rules, like the online Wings of Glory rules, but frankly with the manauever decks only available with ships, they have much more to gain than lose by posting the rules on-line.

DeRuyter
10-03-2013, 13:21
FYI for non KS folks - I just visited the Ares site and they have a 5MB PDF of the SoG rules for download (English).

Eric

Pseudotheist
10-03-2013, 13:24
FYI for non KS folks - I just visited the Ares site and they have a 5MB PDF of the SoG rules for download (English).
Link (http://www.aresgames.eu/9927)

DeRuyter
10-03-2013, 13:34
Oops forgot the link :embarass: - thanks for adding it!

Moideeb
10-03-2013, 14:24
Its good to see that the non kickstarter rulebook still includes all the kickstarter supporters. I wondered if that might have been a variant just for us.

csadn
10-03-2013, 15:36
Snarfed. >:)

Comte de Brueys
10-04-2013, 00:33

Eric

Thank you comrade! :salute:

Todd, thank you for the link.