PDA

View Full Version : New Posts not working properly?

Pseudotheist
09-25-2013, 20:57
Just noticing that some of the recent activity isn't properly registering in the new post list. Anyone else seeing this issue?

The specific case I see is that I can't find " HMS Cleopatra - Rigged" thread on the new post lists even though I know that posts were made very recently; it should be right up top.

7eat51
09-26-2013, 04:29
Hi Todd,

The last post I see is Rory's - #24, and it appears under the 'What's New" link. If you posted after that, please let me know.

Eric

The Royal Hajj
09-26-2013, 06:37
They are showing up there for me.

Pseudotheist
10-01-2013, 14:22
O.k. it would appear to be that when mine is the last post in a thread it no longer appears in the "New Posts" threads. Is that how its supposed to work?

7eat51
10-01-2013, 14:54
Todd, it is just you. We programed the site to watch for your name. Just kidding.

I spoke to Keith about the same issue this morning concerning my posting this weekend on the con medal thread. I asked a couple of fellow members over the weekend what they saw regarding my post, the thread, etc. If I figure anything out, I will let you know. For now, let me know which post(s) concern you, and I will check to see if I see them, etc.

The Royal Hajj
10-01-2013, 16:12
I don't think the site will show a thread you just posted in, as it is not new to you. The site tracks this stuff based on he cookie on your computer. Click on "New Posts" in the sub menu of the What's New tab and see what you see.

Nightmoss
10-01-2013, 16:16
Just an fyi; maybe related, maybe not?

I've noticed lately that the "new posts" color flag on "Welcome Aboard" is always 'on' even though there's been no new post there since David commented on the US Fleet sub forum on 9-29-13.

Pseudotheist
10-01-2013, 18:37
I don't think the site will show a thread you just posted in, as it is not new to you.
That's what I was thinking... And yet even with the successive posts, I had to look in the Activty Stream to find this thread.
According to that "Activity Stream", this thread should appear just before the Hurricon Report thread on "New Posts", shouldn't it? Mine was not the last post to the thread, so it should list, right?

7eat51
10-01-2013, 19:45
Hi Todd,

If I understand you correctly, you did a double post, but they did not show up. Correct?

I just looked at the "What's New" drop down, as well as the "New Posts", and things don't seem to lining up.

When you post here, does it show up under "What's New" immediately?

EDIT: I just checked and this post did. On another thread, such posting by me didn't.

The Royal Hajj
10-01-2013, 19:52
Some background on it. (http://www.vbulletin.com/vbcms/content.php/764-What-is-Activity-Stream?)

7eat51
10-01-2013, 20:16
None of the posts in this thread are showing up under "New Posts".

Over the weekend, my posts on the con thread were not showing up under the "What's New" activity stream, at least not to me.

Is it possible that these threads have some type of filter, or our settings have some type of filter?

The Royal Hajj
10-02-2013, 06:24
There are no settings on the Admin side that would filter them out and there is no user filter that would show some threads and not others.

Are you coming to this thread via a new post email and then checking to see if it shows up on either of the two search pages?

Pseudotheist
10-02-2013, 06:39
Are you coming to this thread via a new post email and then checking to see if it shows up on either of the two search pages?
When it's not showing up on New Posts (it's fine right now) I hunt it down through the Activity Stream. I'm also getting e-mails, but don't usually use them to follow my threads.