PDA

View Full Version : SoG mini's base size

BillWright
09-20-2013, 20:16
Does anyone have any information on the size of the bases for the SoG minis?

I'm thinking about rebasing some of my 1200 scale ships ... and would like them to match the new minis for game play.

I'm looking for length, width and height.

Thanks!

Bill W>

Wear Ship Dave
09-20-2013, 20:34
I'm also interested.

Also, it appears in photos that there is a clear piece of plexi that the ship is attached to (?) that sits on top the blue base? Is this correct? If so, I would be most interested in the dimensions of the plexi as well as the dimensions of the blue base.

Cheers!

Cpt Kangaroo
09-20-2013, 21:45
I will be happy to assist if you PM me. :salute:

Wear Ship Dave
09-20-2013, 21:47
Many thanks Cap

Gunner
09-20-2013, 22:12
Dave/Bill, check out this site http://www.litko.net/BMaker/. I already ordered some.

Andy Blozinski
09-21-2013, 00:05
Dave/Bill, check out this site http://www.litko.net/BMaker/. I already ordered some.

Litko are really fantastic guys. I used their stuff for my Godzilla game and for my 1/900th scale sailing ships.

Moideeb
09-21-2013, 14:48
Many thanks Cap

Congratulations on your promotion to Able Seaman.

BillWright
09-22-2013, 12:55
Folks, I have censored myself with this information.

I will be happy to assist if you PM me. :salute:

Erin .. I hope that you're not saying that you got censored! I didn't think that I requested any classified information! I'm not certain how to access your e-mail address ... so I guess I'll wait for the minis to arrive (6-8 weeks?), and then rebase my existing ships.

Cpt Kangaroo
09-22-2013, 21:07
Bill, not a problem.

I was out of town and had answered on the fly.

I knew you had the info I sent, but I am not sure this kind of info is appropriate for general viewing yet.

That why I went to the PM option.

I will send you one! :happy:

Andy Blozinski
09-22-2013, 21:16
Are you worried about the dimensions of the bases being sooper dooper secret information? If someone hasn't figured them out from scaling off posted photographs already, I'm sure someone could figure it out 30 seconds after they get their hands on one of them.

The Royal Hajj
09-27-2013, 06:20
It's fine to post the base sizes here on the site.

BillWright
09-27-2013, 06:59
Are you worried about the dimensions of the bases being sooper dooper secret information? If someone hasn't figured them out from scaling off posted photographs already, I'm sure someone could figure it out 30 seconds after they get their hands on one of them.

All is well ... no worries. Those who had received advanced copies are just trying to be good "team players" and protect Ares initial launch. Obviously base dimensions will be public knowledge in 6 to 8 weeks ... and similar to Wings of Glory, there will probably be a run of ship alternatives (shapeways, rebasing 1200 scale GHQ's and Langton's, etc). These will take some work, so Ares need not worry - there will always be a market for "ready to play out of the box" minis.

So, no worries ... I was just trying to turn my impatient excitement into productive rebasing (and possible "fiddling" with ships in trying to understand the nuances of the rules).