PDA

View Full Version : Washington Navy Yard

Coog
09-16-2013, 12:41
The news is currently reporting a shooting at the Washington Navy Yard with at least 12 dead and many others wounded. Our shipmate Steve (Anav) went to work there last year after retiring from the Navy. Please keep Steve, his fellow workers, and the victims and their families in your prayers.

The Royal Hajj
09-16-2013, 13:04
My thoughts are with him and his.

David Manley
09-16-2013, 14:23
Reports are that the shootings took place in the building where most of my NAVSEA chums work. I've not heard from any of them. Extremely worried :(

Nightmoss
09-16-2013, 15:32
Terrible news. My thoughts are with everyone who works there and their families.

7eat51
09-16-2013, 19:39
Will be keeping Steve and others in prayer.

David, I hope the best for your friends.

Cmmdre
09-16-2013, 19:51
Tragic news. Events such as these weigh heavy on the heart. I am sad for the families and friends of those shot down going about their daily business. :pray:

Comte de Brueys
09-17-2013, 00:04
Bad news, comrades.

I feel sorry for the victims.

Anav
09-17-2013, 06:59
Thank you for the prayers. I work in the building next to the one where the shooting occured. At first we thought it was a drill. Then the order came through to lock down the entire base and shelter in place. Helicopters were overhead all day. Outside our window we could see the building the shooter was in. About 430 we were told our building was being evacuated. we marched single file outside. About 25 FBI agents met us outside the building and interviewed us. We then had to walk single file from our building out the front gate, down the street to the Nationals stadium. It was a mess. No one could take thier car off base. and of course my cell phone was in my car. A buddy who works with me who happened to take the day off picked me up at the Pentagon. I got home about 630. I have no insight to the shooter or the victims. today a muster is going on to account for everyone. there is stuff I cant talk about. All I will say is dont believe everything in the news. Again thanks for thoughts and prayers.

7eat51
09-17-2013, 07:06
Steve, we are very sorry for the loss all of you are experiencing. In the midst of this tragedy, we are very thankful you are safe.

Anav
09-17-2013, 07:09
Thanks. We have the day off today while they conduct the investigation. My car and cell phone are still on base. already had a phone call for counciling. I just spent the day locked in my office. Not much to say.

The Royal Hajj
09-17-2013, 07:36
Very glad to hear you are okay Steve!

Cmmdre
09-17-2013, 07:38
Very glad to hear you are okay Steve!

Keith speaks for all of us Steve.

Comte de Brueys
09-17-2013, 07:50
Sometimes the unexpected impacts come very near.

I'm glad you're ok, Steve.

David Manley
09-17-2013, 11:50
Good to hear you are OK. My chums are in the naval architects division in 197 where the shooting took place on the floor above them and in the atrium. Sounds like they are all OK, but still haven't heard from colleagues in other divisions.

EDIT - just seen the casualty list and glad to say none of my friends are on it. So i'm very pleased for them, but devastated for the friends and families of those who lost their lives. I visit the Navy Yard every now and then. It won't feel right in the future :(

Coog
09-17-2013, 19:36
Glad to hear you came through with no physical harm.

7eat51
09-17-2013, 19:40
David, very glad to hear your friends are safe. Our hearts do go out to the victims of this senseless evil.