PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

irishman
09-02-2013, 08:08
Hello all.

I believe I must post here, before I can participate anywhere else. I am a long time member over at Wings of Glory Areodrome. I was very surprised (but pleased) to find this sister forum. I am interested though, in seeing all these people with advanced medals and ranks, with the game not even released? How did that happen. Did I miss the publication of the captians list? How many of you must die before I get a post? :)

Irishman

Cmmdre
09-02-2013, 09:21
Posting here does not include loss of life to my knowledge. Welcome aboard the Anchorage. :beer:

Nightmoss
09-02-2013, 09:57
Hey Irishman. Welcome to the Anchorage.

Please note I only have one medal, which came from the SoG Kickstarter, and that's primarily because I'm a relative newbie here. These boards have been up a couple of years at least, which goes towards explaining why some folks have many posts and medals.

7eat51
09-02-2013, 10:01
Welcome aboard Irishman.

Ranks are not based on loss of life, but loss of mind, as in the real military.

Gunner
09-02-2013, 11:03
I thought I saw a frigate with green sails on the horizon.
Welcome:beer: Irishman.

Rabbit
09-02-2013, 11:57
Welcome Irishman,

Hello all.

I believe I must post here, before I can participate anywhere else.

Not a rule I had heard, but it sounds sensible... or maybe not

I am interested though, in seeing all these people with advanced medals and ranks, with the game not even released? How did that happen. Did I miss the publication of the captians list? How many of you must die before I get a post? :)

Irishman

It appears that rank is related solely to the number of posts or log entries you make, this also appears to be regardless of length, content, spelling, or literary skill, it seems that replying to each thread with a smiley is the way to advancement.

Medals on the other hand appear to be largely as rank was in the military of the period, via purchase, go to the medals page and you will see what some of the gongs will cost.

Also, click on some of the awards that others have to see how they were awarded, most posts (logs), starting threads etc, winning contests, posting pictures reviewing books possibly even attending shows?

Welcome again

rabbit

Gunner
09-02-2013, 13:03
Hello all.

I believe I must post here, before I can participate anywhere else. I am a long time member over at Wings of Glory Areodrome. I was very surprised (but pleased) to find this sister forum. I am interested though, in seeing all these people with advanced medals and ranks, with the game not even released? How did that happen. Did I miss the publication of the captians list? How many of you must die before I get a post? :)

Irishman

The best way to get your first medal is to make a donation to help keep the Anchorage running.

irishman
09-02-2013, 13:47
Thanks to all the friendly hellos. Seems like a nice bunch of chaps here. How has this board been going on for years... if the game was only created this year.. and has not been released yet? Was this a different board for a different game earlier?

Gunner
09-02-2013, 13:56
Thanks to all the friendly hellos. Seems like a nice bunch of chaps here. How has this board been going on for years... if the game was only created this year.. and has not been released yet? Was this a different board for a different game earlier?

Same board. Same bunch of ????? with infinite patience.

irishman
09-02-2013, 15:04
So some of you guys have been here WAITING... since 2011? You DESERVE a medal.

Gunner
09-02-2013, 15:25

At least a drink.:beer:

Coog
09-02-2013, 16:47
Welcome aboard Irishman!

David Manley
09-02-2013, 17:09
Welcome aboard :drinks::happy:

Cpt Kangaroo
09-02-2013, 18:30
Welcome to the Anchorage from sunny Florida Irishman.

You are right, we have been waiting a while. We are almost there now, so you have joined us at an exciting time.

Naharaht
09-02-2013, 20:56
Welcome to the Anchorage, Irishman.

The Barrelman
09-02-2013, 22:02
Welcome!!!

:salute:

Comte de Brueys
09-04-2013, 01:04
Bonjour, Irishman.

Welcome on board. :g&t:

The Anchorage prepared the arriving of Sails of Glory very well.

See the former forum activity as miliary drill on a ship of the line in the harbour.

As soon as we get the game in our greedy hands, the main actions start.

CHolgren
09-04-2013, 06:23
Greetings

csadn
09-04-2013, 14:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK8Og1VZa1M

:)

Gunner
09-04-2013, 14:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK8Og1VZa1M

:)

I guess your right. Why should we get medals for not doing anything.

Berthier
09-21-2013, 20:06
Welcome Irishman, the board has been going for nearly two years and we've discussed a lot of Age of Sail topics whilst waiting for the game's release. There have been some wonderful ship modelling "how to" articles and plenty of historical context pieces to keep everyone interested. It's a great group and amazingly helpful and respectful, hope you enjoy it. :g&t: