PDA

View Full Version : An oldie but a goodie...

Cpt Kangaroo
06-25-2013, 07:46
This is an old joke that I have heard in many variations. Dave Allen's version is classic though...enjoy.

It is late in 18th century and Admiral Nelson sails board his flagship the HMS Victory in search of those dastardly French. Admiral Nelson is standing on the Poop deck when a voice from above commands his attention:

“Admiral Neslon”

Lord Nelson looks up and responds, “Yes what is it look out?”

“Admiral Nelson, sir, Four French Froggie Frigates off the port bow – four French Froggie Frigates off the port bow!”

“Very good lookout”replies Nelson. He turns to his trusted first officer. ”Lieutenant (Leftenant) we will the engage enemy, please go to my cabin and bring up my red jacket”

The Lieutenant is horrified “Admiral Neslon, if you are wearing your red jacket you will be an easy target for the french musketeers”.

Nelson replies, “But if I am hit, the blood will not show. Morale will remain high and the men will continue the fight”.

The Lieutenant agrees and brings Admiral Nelson his red jacket. The Victory turns and heads towards the French.

There is another cry from the crows nest, “Admiral Nelson, Admiral Nelson”

Once again Nelson looks upwards “Yes, what is it lookout?”

“Forty four French Froggie Frigates off the port bow, Forty four French Froggie Frigates off the port bow”

“Thank you lookout”

Lord Nelson turns to his First Officer, “Lieutenant please go to my cabin and bring up my brown corduroy pants” !!

Beowulf03809
06-25-2013, 13:39
Cute. I honestly have never heard that one before.

csadn
06-25-2013, 14:23
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BringMyBrownPants

>;)

7eat51
06-25-2013, 14:56
Nice, Erin. I will pass this one on.

calm
06-25-2013, 21:21
Cute. I honestly have never heard that one before.

Neither do I !

Naharaht
06-26-2013, 15:36
Here is another joke.

The captain was walking on the maindeck, when a young seaman ran up to him.

"Sir, Sir, Captain, Sir. You must come quickly. It's an emergency!", said the sailor.

"Now don't panic, man", replied the captain,"What is wrong? Come on, sing it out!"

"Aye, Aye, Sir", said the seaman and after a brief pause began to sing," Should Auld Acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind. The Admiral's fallen overboard; he's half a mile behind."

Cpt Kangaroo
06-26-2013, 15:53
Good one David!

Berthier
06-27-2013, 00:55
SOG cant come to quickly...:happy:

calm
06-27-2013, 08:09
Hehehe, liked that one, David :thumbsup: