PDA

View Full Version : USS Texas

Old Ironsides
06-24-2013, 09:51
Here is another Naval project I have been working on posted on my blog:

http://rallyroundtheflag.blogspot.com/2013/06/uss-texas-shapeways-model-11800.html

Some of you may be familiar with Shapeways from the Aerodrome or other projects. I finally took the plunge to augment my 1/1800 WWII fleets.

My guess is that SoG could be a likely candidate some day as well. ;)

Nightmoss
06-24-2013, 12:13
The USS Texas and IJN Hiryu turned out great. They seem well detailed for 3D printing. Would you have had to do less prep work if you'd chosen a different plastic, and would the details still show if so?

I can see SoG benefiting from this, as some of the members here have already shown. I'm also happy to see that A&A War at Sea isn't dying off, even if WotC pulled the plug.

Old Ironsides
06-24-2013, 17:26
The USS Texas and IJN Hiryu turned out great. They seem well detailed for 3D printing. Would you have had to do less prep work if you'd chosen a different plastic, and would the details still show if so?

I can see SoG benefiting from this, as some of the members here have already shown. I'm also happy to see that A&A War at Sea isn't dying off, even if WotC pulled the plug.

Had I chose another plastic I would have probably had to do less prep work and they may have had even more detail, but the price almost doubles. WSF seems to be a good all around option as the other options can also be more fragile which is not good for a model that will be handled alot during games.

Yes, although WotC seems to be done with WaS it is alive and well on the foruMINI as well as some CONS. It still has a faithful following with the second fan made deck of 72 cards du to be released in about a month.