PDA

View Full Version : Free Access to Nautical Journal Online

7eat51
05-26-2013, 19:34
The Canadian Nautical Research Society's journal - The Northern Mariner - has back issues that are available for free online:
http://www.cnrs-scrn.org/northern_mariner/on_line_content_e.html

Here is the society's newsletter Argonauta:
http://www.cnrs-scrn.org/argonauta/index_e.html

There is a wealth of information here.

Cmmdre
05-26-2013, 20:06
Great links Eric. Thank you for hooking a brother up.

7eat51
05-26-2013, 20:08
You're more than welcome. Your post on revenue cutters seeded the idea.

Berthier
05-27-2013, 04:31
Eric and Paul step up to the bar and leave us all in awe. Well done guys!

Berthier
05-27-2013, 04:37
Ginseng, Otter Skins, and Sandalwood: The Conundrum of the China Trade -
The Northern Mariner - Index to articles in Volume VII - 1997

Now that's a great article subject I picked from a totally random look at the journals. Yeah I know it sounds sort of cuisine crossed with hippy but doesn't it make you want to read it? There's a year of reading in this link Eric, don't you know there's other stuff I need to get done? :happy:

7eat51
05-27-2013, 06:22
There's a year of reading in this link Eric, don't you know there's other stuff I need to get done? :happy:

I am simply looking for a fellow shipmate on the USS Distraction. Consider yourself press-ganged. :drinks: :singin:

Cmmdre
05-27-2013, 10:23
Ginseng, Otter Skins, and Sandalwood: The Conundrum of the China Trade -
The Northern Mariner - Index to articles in Volume VII - 1997

Now that's a great article subject I picked from a totally random look at the journals. Yeah I know it sounds sort of cuisine crossed with hippy but doesn't it make you want to read it? There's a year of reading in this link Eric, don't you know there's other stuff I need to get done? :happy:

:eat: Delicious, intellectually I mean. Great many parallels a little over 200 years later.

csadn
05-27-2013, 21:16
I am simply looking for a fellow shipmate on the USS Distraction. Consider yourself press-ganged. :drinks: :singin:

<- sails up in the pirate vessel _TVTropes_... >;)