PDA

View Full Version : SoG preorders

Gunner
05-05-2013, 17:35
Sails of Glory preorders are available from https://12-7-games.com/catalog/pre-order-items and the prices look pretty good.

Diamondback
05-05-2013, 17:52
Yeah... I've been a longtime customer, and was just about to post this myself. :) Bill's a straight-shooter, and largely is in the business to support his own gaming habit--the Kickstarter is actually the first order I've done with anybody OTHER than him in years.

Gunner
05-05-2013, 18:39
And he has a few KS exclusive ships for sale, that he must have got with his Admiral pledges.

7eat51
05-05-2013, 18:39
I saw the pre-orders yesterday while looking at other products. I was surprised at how low they were. Some are 35% below MSRP.

Diamondback
05-05-2013, 18:46
35% or Minimum Advertised Price is Bill's usual target... like I said, part of why he got into this is to support his own habit. IIRC he's retired, and thus this is a supplement to his retirement in addition to helping stretch his own hobby budget a lot further by getting his own pieces at wholesale price.

The KS's, I'm proud to observe that I was one of the ones who encouraged him to stock up on the exclusives, and on whatever he could get at better-than-distro prices. :)

csadn
05-05-2013, 19:18
The only problem I have with 12-7-Games is the website's overly-paranoid password-creation rules -- is he also a white-hat hacker? :)

Gunner
05-05-2013, 19:27
It can't get any easier to place an order than with 12-7. If you worry about computer security, give him a call. I've never had any thing but a pleasure dealing with him. He even ordered stuff for me that he didn't stock.

Diamondback
05-05-2013, 19:29
No, he just had a security breach once and has done everything possible to lock it down in the years since including some EXPENSIVE systems upgrades. That was I think like 5 years ago,sometime around Set 2 or Set 3 of War at Sea...

And, when I was looking at getting into business custom-painting planes for War at Sea custom-cards, he arranged me a huge batch of "starting stock" after he found some 1/700 plane packs at a garage sale. Still debating whether I want to go for it, or just build up my own insane-sized air forces... and if I do, he's got a batch of any he wants gratis upon request.

Nightmoss
05-05-2013, 21:42
Nice. Thank you for the info and link. I've bookmarked this for future reference.

Gaz67
05-06-2013, 03:56
I see that some of his prices are cheaper than KS.

Additional Starter Set Option - If your level is Gunner and up, you may add $ 80 to your pledge to request one additional Starter Set. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sails-of-glory-miniatures-ship-combat?ref=live

12-7 games price is $58.40 against a List Price of $89.90

Berthier
05-06-2013, 04:36
That's pretty cheap, even with overseas shipping they may work out great value.

CHolgren
05-06-2013, 10:43
Their singles on just about everything always seem to match or beat the competitors.

7eat51
07-10-2013, 21:11
I noticed coolstuffinc is preparing a page for Sails of Glory. A good sign I think. Any word on when next month KS shipping will start?

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&page=1&resultsPerPage=25&q=sails+of+glory

Nightmoss
07-11-2013, 08:24
I noticed coolstuffinc is preparing a page for Sails of Glory. A good sign I think. Any word on when next month KS shipping will start?

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&page=1&resultsPerPage=25&q=sails+of+glory

I haven't seen anything concrete about shipping or production.

I'm wondering if the KS items aren't ready to ship if Ares will bring anything to sell at GenCon? It's not a good thing to market items before your KS supporters have their items in hand, but sales at GenCon are huge and can easily pay the company costs of attending.

About a month to go. . .if they follow through on projections.

Andy Blozinski
07-12-2013, 19:39
I haven't seen anything concrete about shipping or production.

I'm wondering if the KS items aren't ready to ship if Ares will bring anything to sell at GenCon? It's not a good thing to market items before your KS supporters have their items in hand, but sales at GenCon are huge and can easily pay the company costs of attending.

About a month to go. . .if they follow through on projections.

Actually..it should be more like a week or two:
"we expect to start mass-production in April, as soon as the Kickstarter ends, for a delivery to our backers in late July."

I'm still worried they have yet to ask me for their $8. Maybe they're going to get final payments just before shipping.

7eat51
07-12-2013, 23:45
Ares is putting out quite a bit in a short period of time. My hopes are by the end of August.

I am really looking forward to introducing SoG to our group. They have really enjoyed learning and playing WoG. This will be a great addition.