PDA

View Full Version : ForumRunner iOS App & This Site

Cool Breeze
05-03-2013, 12:11
Hello. Any other iOS users out there who signed up here on either an iPad or iPhone get a pop-up when first visiting the site saying something like, "We have an App for ths forum which will enhance your experience and fully utilize your iOS device." then gave the option to View or Cancel. I clicked view, read about it in AppStore, bought it, and am a tad frustrated I can't locate the Anchorage (or any other forums I frequent) anywhere on the App. Feel like I got ripped off.

Anybody else experience this? Or better yet, know where in the App the Anchorage is located?:hmmm::help::angry:

The Royal Hajj
05-03-2013, 12:56
I'm not sure what this is. I've not setup anything for this site to run on and app. I do know that vBulliten (the software the site runs on) has an app of some sort, but I'm not using it.

Cool Breeze
05-03-2013, 14:15
Yeah, I'm starting to think it was a vBulletin deal as ForumRunner advertises their deal first. Pretty sneaky advertising arrangement. The way it's worded makes it sound as though the vBulletin site you are accessing (SoG Anchorage in my case) is natively set up in the ForumRunner App and you will get the most out of the site only with their App.

Caveat Emptor! (Buyer Beware!)