PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy Mates!

Cool Breeze
05-01-2013, 17:01
Hello all. Early KS adopter, finally registered here. Bugger of a time picking an appropriate name which wasn't already taken (Looking at you Old Salt, Ship's Cat, & more recently Old Ironsides). ;)

I hail from Southeast Idaho, USA currently, but I'm no landlubber! I grew up in Hawaii and know my way around a sailing vessel!

I'm a Deputy Marshal and more importantly a husband of a gamer wife and father of two gamer girls who have full ride academic scholarships to university.

I cut my Age of Sail gaming teeth on Wooden Ships and Iron Men, and can't begin to tell you how glad I am for SoG! First, it'll be way easier to teach. Second, my family already plays Wings of War and X-Wing which have similar mechanics. Third, I love miniatures. Fourth, I no longer enjoy painting and modeling aspect of miniatures.

Well, that's all for now. Oh, except can someone please tell me where this forum is on the iOS Forum Runner App which was advertised to me on my iPad and my iPhone when I linked into the Anchorage. The popup said you're on this app and it interacts better through it. I bought the app but can't find the forum on it to save my life.

CHolgren
05-01-2013, 17:55
Hello all. Early KS adopter, finally registered here. Bugger of a time picking an appropriate name which wasn't already taken (Looking at you Old Salt, Ship's Cat, & more recently Old Ironsides). ;)

I hail from Southeast Idaho, USA currently, but I'm no landlubber! I grew up in Hawaii and no my way around a sailing vessel!

I'm a Deputy Marshal and more importantly a husband of a gamer wife and father to two gamer girls who have full ride academic scholarships to university.

I cut my Age of Sail gaming teeth on Wooden Ships and Iron Men, and can't begin to tell you how glad I am for SoG! First, it'll be way easier to teach. Second, my family already plays Wings of War and X-Wing which have similar mechanics. Third, I love miniatures. Fourth, I no longer enjoy painting and modeling aspect of miniatures.

Well, that's all for now. Oh, except can someone please tell me where this forum is on the iOS Forum Runner App which was advertised to me on my iPad and my iPhone when I linked into the Anchorage. The popup said you're on this app and it interacts better through it. I bought the app but can't find the forum on it to save my life.

Which part of Idaho are you from? I grew up in Northwest Montana. Kalispell to be exact.

Coog
05-01-2013, 17:58
Welcome aboard Curtis!

Cool Breeze
05-01-2013, 18:11
@ Cory - Idaho Falls, currently/mostly.

@ Bobby - Thanks! I knew I'd like it here. I recognize several of you folks from some other forums, having had some good discussions on other games.

Cmmdre
05-01-2013, 18:50
Ahoy and welcome aboard Curtis. Like your handle and your avatar. :happy:

Berthier
05-01-2013, 19:19
Welcome Curtis, sounds like SOG has been tailor made for your gaming style.:g&t:

The Barrelman
05-01-2013, 19:36
Welcome!!

:salute:

Nightmoss
05-01-2013, 19:50
Greetings and welcome to the Anchorage.

7eat51
05-01-2013, 20:04
Welcome from central Illinois Curtis. Glad you're onboard.

Naharaht
05-01-2013, 21:23
Welcome to the Anchorage, Curtis.

Jack Aubrey
05-02-2013, 00:45
Willkommen, Curtis, welcome:salute:

Gunner
05-02-2013, 01:29
Howdy Curtis:beer: Welcome from Arizona.

Sea Gull
05-02-2013, 06:29
Welcome from the Kingdom of holland, Curtis. I'm sure you'll like it here.

jasperrdm
05-02-2013, 08:24
In a Blues Brother voice, "how much for the littlest girl". Hi ho! glad you have a family that games with you.