PDA

View Full Version : SOG on pre-order in Australia

Berthier
04-27-2013, 23:00
My local game shop has SOG on their web site for pre-order with A$ prices!

Checkout
http://milsims.com.au/

NOTE: This link will only direct to the correct page for a couple of days, as they add new items of other games you will need to do a search for SOG.

The two price points for ships at present are $19.71A for the smaller vessels and $23.36A for the larger ships. Starter set is quoting $94.90A (you need to search Sails of Glory to find this)

This is what the text says if you click on a link to a particular ship

Sails of Glory 102A HMS Impetueux 1796 http://milsims.cdn.kept.com.au/sites/milsims.com.au/files/imagecache/product/800x600-sails_of_glory-sgn102c.jpg (http://milsims.cdn.kept.com.au/sites/milsims.com.au/files/imagecache/product_full/800x600-sails_of_glory-sgn102c.jpg)

No of Players: 2+
Players Age: 13+
Playing time: 30 mins
Publisher: Ares Games
Release date: Aug-Sep 2013
Coming Soon - pre-order now

$32.00
$23.36

DescriptionThe Téméraire Class ships of the line was and remains the most numerous class of capital ships ever built, with 67 built between 1782 and 1824 for the French navy. These third-rate, 74-guns ships had a designed crew of 700. They were armed with 28 36-Pounder guns in the lower deck, 30 18-Pounder guns in the upperdeck, and 16 8-Pounder guns in the quarterdeck and in the forecastle.
The British HMS Impétuex 1796 was the former French ship America 1788. The Royal Navy captured her in 1794 at the Battle of the Glorious First of June. She then served with the British under the name HMS Impétuex until she was broken up in 1813. She became the prototype for the Royal Navy America-class ship of the line.
Designed to be used with the tactical ship-to-ship game system created by Andrea Angiolino and Andrea Mainini, each Sails of Glory Ship Pack is a ready-to-play model, painted and assembled, 100% compatible with any other Sails of Glory game product.
In each pack you will find all you need to play with the ship: a special base with gaming stats, a ship log and a specific deck of maneuver cards.

Contents

One 1/1000 scale model
Special base with game stats
1 ship log
1 ship card
Maneuver cards

Berthier
04-27-2013, 23:03
I've checked Troll & Toad, Cool Stuff Inc and Noble Knight Games in the US and none of them seem to have any SOG items listed yet for pre-order.

Diamondback
04-28-2013, 01:58
Daniel, Bill at 12-7 has confirmed he's going to stock it, but it sounded like he was waiting on SKU's to list things. (And even kicked in for an Admiral package plus other goodies to support the KS.)

Berthier
04-29-2013, 04:41
NWS online store has SOG up for preorder now.

Prices are $50US for starter, $14US for large ships, $12US for small - so all European KS pledgers who were complaining about the cost of getting your ships to Europe have a look at the price difference between US and AUS- 60% more here when they launch. I'm pleased I pre-ordered on KS:happy:

GrouperKicker
04-29-2013, 10:01
Hmmm... those prices are quite a bit lower than I expected to see here in the US.

GrouperKicker
04-29-2013, 13:49
Hmmm... those prices are quite a bit lower than I expected to see here in the US.

... and it appears that they are a bit TOO low:
[From Kickstarter Comments page, Quote from Ares Games]
"We sent out sell sheets to distributors, and the suggested retail prices are exactly what we said - $ 89.90 for the Starter, $ 17.90 / $ 22.90 for the ship packs (+ taxes(,
If there are retailers who, 4 months in advance of release, are selling product at cost (most retailers buy from distributors at discounts around 40-45% off SRP), we will do our best to cut him out of our distribution network, as he damages not just our business, but everybody's business. "

Berthier
04-29-2013, 16:57
That seems more realistic Scott, perhaps NWS haven't done their homework.