PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

Horatio Le Rêve
04-23-2013, 11:02
Hello everyone! My port of call is Tucson, AZ (not really known for its maritime endeavors...), and I am a long-time player of WoG.

I am a Marine, originally from Miami, Florida, and now living large in Arizona. I really fell in love with the desert, after being stationed at 29 Palms. While working as an information developer, I am currently pursuing a Masters degree in Nursing, so play time is sparse -- but I am really looking forward to SoG, as are many of my mates that play WoG. I also teach CrossFit, and enjoy backpacking.

Looking forward to meeting everyone eventually, and trying to figure out who came over from the Aerodrome (KiltedWolf over there).

Cheers!

Coog
04-23-2013, 11:11
Welcome again. You'll find most of the folks here are also at the Aerodrome. Some of us use the same name on both sites and others, as you have, use a different a one.

7eat51
04-23-2013, 11:30
Welcome aboard again James.

7eat51 on both sites and boardgamegeek

Nightmoss
04-23-2013, 11:45
Hello James and welcome to the Anchorage.

Beowulf03809
04-23-2013, 11:51
Ahoy and welcome! I'm not from the Aerodrome but only because I was heading that way when I discovered SOG and the Anchorage. I'm sure I'll find a home over there eventually though.

I've had some nice visits to the Phoenix area and north (Sedona, Flagstaff, Meteor Crater) but no chance yet to get to Tucson. It's a nice state though to be sure.

:rum:

Gunner
04-23-2013, 12:14
Howdy James, and welcome from the Phoenix area. There's a great cowboy fast draw club in Tucson called the " Old Pueblo Gunfighters ". If you have time, swing by and tell Buckshot that Boneyard Ranger sent you. If he's still talking to you after that, ask him about club shoots.
We've been having shoots at tha OK Corral in Tombstone for the last few years which is a real Blast. Pun intended.

Chanfan
04-23-2013, 14:27
Howdy Leatherneck! One of my brothers retired from the Corps, after being the reserve 20 years.

Not an Aerodrome member here - not from a lack of interest in Areal WWI (or II) games, just never got into WoG.

pward
04-23-2013, 14:46
Welcome.

Cmmdre
04-23-2013, 18:39
Ahoy and welcome to Anchorage James.

Berthier
04-24-2013, 01:06
Welcome James to the aerodrome by the sea.

Rayzak
04-24-2013, 07:08
Welcome aboard from Maine.

The J
04-24-2013, 08:56
My father was stationed at 29 Palms when I was in HS. Lived right under Shadow Mountain. Went on a 50 mile training/recon hike with him to Amboy. He was considering taking his company on the same hike, but after crossing the igneous fields near Amboy Crater, the entire thing was called off. That is hard on the feet! While I did several operations to 29 Palms during my time in the Marine Corps I was never stationed there. Always out in Camp Wilson, in a GP tent, which was luxury compared to the normal pup tents on standard operations. They had movies there, right there in Camp Wilson, and on good nights they allowed us 2 beers apiece (and of course the wheeling and dealing for the few beers allotted to the scarce non drinker was an adventure in itself. Ah, good times.

Lived in Tucson as well, much younger though. I remember chasing a road runner on my bike through the desert. Wily thing disappeared over a ridge, and I followed at speed. Of course he could handle the 6 foot drop on the other side without breaking stride. I was lucky to handle it without breaking bones!

Good to have you on board, Marine. And, though you must be tired of hearing it by now . . . thank you for your service!

crashx
04-24-2013, 10:59
Hello, welcome to the group!!!

Naharaht
04-24-2013, 23:18
Welcome to the Anchorage, James.

The Barrelman
04-25-2013, 07:16
Welcome from a fellow Aerodrome member (The Scout). Now trade in those aviator goggles for some adventure and the fresh smell of the sea.

:salute:

Comte de Brueys
04-26-2013, 09:05
Bonjour, James.

Welcome on board. :salute:

Sea Gull
04-29-2013, 03:35
Welcome aboard James.