PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

Gaz67
04-13-2013, 09:16
Congratulations to Ares on a job well done on a very successful Kickstart campaign.

I love that peoples input and opinion appear to have been listened to and even implemented, that you have tried to get the best deal possible for your paying customers, most odd :happy:
It's also great that the "Anchorage" members get a direct input into your game with the Merchantman/Pirate idea.

I'm oddly happy at spending my money on this, (wish I had more spare cash if I'm honest!), is it perhaps because I feel involved? who can tell....

P.S. Keith gets his thanks elsewhere :- http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?1037-Anchorage-success&p=10393#post10393

Cmmdre
04-13-2013, 09:36
:clap: Gaz is right. Ares has done their customers a great service. To be lucky enough to be this involved at this stage is great, to have this site to come to and share ideas and knowledge of everything surrounding SGN is OUTSTANDING! :hatsoff: Thank you Keith your vision obviously extends beyond the horizon line the rest of us are limited to. :thumbsup: :happy:

The Barrelman
04-13-2013, 15:05
It was a long campaign that is a success. A constant increase in pledge amounts showed there is a good interest in the product line. Hope there is future success with all Ares products.

The Royal Hajj
04-13-2013, 17:12
:clap: Gaz is right. Ares has done their customers a great service. To be lucky enough to be this involved at this stage is great, to have this site to come to and share ideas and knowledge of everything surrounding SGN is OUTSTANDING! :hatsoff: Thank you Keith your vision obviously extends beyond the horizon line the rest of us are limited to. :thumbsup: :happy:

That's cause the wife will never let me leave the crow's nest :erk:

Beowulf03809
04-13-2013, 19:27
Agreed!

I have just been so excited seeing the evolution of the KS campaign...I'm not sure what to do for the next four months...

Cmmdre
04-14-2013, 00:01
:sad: Wait for your bloody ship to get in! :minis:

Sea Gull
04-14-2013, 07:24
:sad: Wait for your bloody ship to get in! :minis:

While waiting for the delivery, we need to ensure that the enthusiasm shown so far doesn't wane. The guys who founded the Anchorage back in 2011 have already waited 2 years for this. Most of us will only have to wait a few months, but what to do in the meantime. :singin::drinks::g&t::rum::beer::singin::salute:

Gaz67
04-14-2013, 07:30
what to do in the meantime

resort to Rum and the lash??

Berthier
04-14-2013, 07:38
While waiting for the delivery, we need to ensure that the enthusiasm shown so far doesn't wane. The guys who founded the Anchorage back in 2011 have already waited 2 years for this. Most of us will only have to wait a few months, but what to do in the meantime. :singin::drinks::g&t::rum::beer::singin::salute:

there were times in the last eighteen months I wondered if SOG would ever happen. They had so little on the web site and seemed swamped with WOG and Lord of the Rings it seemed to have been put on the back burner. Luckily for all not so, still all that drinking:g&t::drinks: did help to pass the months away :sly:

Cmmdre
04-14-2013, 08:02
there were times in the last eighteen months I wondered if SOG would ever happen. They had so little on the web site and seemed swamped with WOG and Lord of the Rings it seemed to have been put on the back burner. Luckily for all not so, still all that drinking:g&t::drinks: did help to pass the months away :sly:

:pray: I'm sure those early days were tough. Luckily this site gave hope that the project would come together eventually. :hmmm: Now we wait.:drinks::rum::beer::drinks::g&t: I hope my liver holds out. :surrender:

Nightmoss
04-14-2013, 09:48
Agreed. Congrats to Ares and all the supporters here for that matter. Now comes the long haul to August.

pward
04-15-2013, 16:10
I'm only glad I stumbled onto the KS via another forum, it would have been sad to have missed out on the KS stuff!

GreenLaborMike
04-15-2013, 17:27
The guys who founded the Anchorage back in 2011 have already waited 2 years for this. Most of us will only have to wait a few months, but what to do in the meantime. :singin::drinks::g&t::rum::beer::singin::salute:

I'll start a thread elsewhere, but one thought that came to me was that we could organize some sort of real live Con-type of event. I know the barriers are huge, but it's rare to experience this level of passion and camaraderie on a game-related site.

Or, in the alternative to organizing a separate event, we could try to organize a large SGN presence at an established convention like Gen-Con or Origins (just throwing out ideas here...). I imagine, if done professionally, Ares would love to have so much free promotion of their game by such die-hard fans!

Cmmdre
04-15-2013, 18:00
I'll start a thread elsewhere, but one thought that came to me was that we could organize some sort of real live Con-type of event. I know the barriers are huge, but it's rare to experience this level of passion and camaraderie on a game-related site.

Or, in the alternative to organizing a separate event, we could try to organize a large SGN presence at an established convention like Gen-Con or Origins (just throwing out ideas here...). I imagine, if done professionally, Ares would love to have so much free promotion of their game by such die-hard fans!

That's funny because I thought this was a history related site that dabbled in gaming. That explains a lot. :question:

Capt P
04-20-2013, 15:56
Ares did a good thing with KICKSTARTER but it was the folks in here that did the work by contributing to the game and making it happen. So I think thanks go out to all that made this happen.

7eat51
04-20-2013, 18:47
Ares did a good thing with KICKSTARTER but it was the folks in here that did the work by contributing to the game and making it happen. So I think thanks go out to all that made this happen.

Unlike other KS projects I am currently participating in, this one was a communal affair - much more enjoyable sharing the ride. Felt like an election, only more trustworthy. :g&t: