04-09-2013, 02:08
Submit a Book ReviewBook Title:
British Napoleonic Ship-of-the-Line Author:
Angus Konstam ISBN:
978-1-84176-308-8 Category:
History Format:
Paperback Summary:
from Osprey publihing, New Vanguard 42
A booklet of 48 sites, informative, there is all in that you should know about the SoL, there are listed up with a description of it, a description of their wars and some nice pictures.
Easy to read. Super.

Volunteer
04-09-2013, 09:45
I recently boaught this book. It is excellent information and has great color plates.

7eat51
04-09-2013, 13:18
I recently boaught this book. It is excellent information and has great color plates.

I agree. Reading this, along with Warships of the Anglo Dutch Wars 1652-74, has been very instructive, especially for a newbie like myself.

7eat51
07-05-2014, 14:17
I spent the morning rereading this book. It is a fine offering, especially given its size - 48 pages. In includes a series of wonderful color plates with commentaries. If you know a lot about these SoLs, this book probably would be review. If you do not have much knowledge about these British ships, you will be surprised how much you will learn.

I chose the British for the solo campaign, in part as a motivator for reading on the Royal Navy. So many great resources, but so little time. :sad:

Diamondback
07-05-2014, 15:07
Good primer course, my only major quibble was that unlike their New Vanguard volumes on more modern ships they didn't give class and design data.

Been meaning to review this one for a while myself, along with the Battle Orders volume on the RN of the period...