PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I've got a pip thingie

Sea Gull
04-08-2013, 12:19
Just noticed that I've got a pip.

I guess someone needs a party in the wardroom. Drinks on me, guys. :drinks::g&t::rum::beer::singin:

Beowulf03809
04-08-2013, 12:27
Congrats! :rum:

Coog
04-08-2013, 12:58
Congratulations Chris!

DeRuyter
04-08-2013, 13:04
Congrats Chris!

Where are you in North Holland? Anywhere near the Bataviawerf in Lelystad? I will be visiting this summer and I may drive up to check out the "7 Provincien".

The Barrelman
04-08-2013, 13:41
Congrats!! I got a point of rep the other day too.

:drinks:

Jack Aubrey
04-08-2013, 13:42
Congratulations, Chris, what ever it is. I found no correct translation of the words pip thingie :sly:

Sea Gull
04-08-2013, 13:46
I'm in Alkmaar, it's not too far from Lelystad. I was at the Bataviawerf a few years ago with the family on a vist. I must dig soem of the photos out and stick them in an album on the site. From what I remember they have a nice collection of exhibits on how the ships were constructed.

Well worth a visit.

Jack Aubrey
04-08-2013, 13:48
Congrats Chris!

Where are you in North Holland? Anywhere near the Bataviawerf in Lelystad? I will be visiting this summer and I may drive up to check out the "7 Provincien".
Hi Eric, a tip from me: visit the `t ankertje in Enkhiuzen, a "Schipperscafe`". Very nice; it is not far from Lelystad. https://www.google.de/search?q=ankertje+enkhuizen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a
I am often in Netherlands and I will sail in May/June on the 3-Mast-Stevenaak "Tsjerk Hiddes". http://www.naupar.de/schiffe/Tsjerk-Hiddes/?gclid=CMP1naDpu7YCFcRV3godqywAQA
Have a good time!

DeRuyter
04-08-2013, 14:42
Hi Eric, a tip from me: visit the `t ankertje in Enkhiuzen, a "Schipperscafe`". Very nice; it is not far from Lelystad. https://www.google.de/search?q=ankertje+enkhuizen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a
I am often in Netherlands and I will sail in May/June on the 3-Mast-Stevenaak "Tsjerk Hiddes". http://www.naupar.de/schiffe/Tsjerk-Hiddes/?gclid=CMP1naDpu7YCFcRV3godqywAQA
Have a good time!

Vielen dank!

When I sailed on the Kalmar Nyckel I toured the Europa which you can book passages on. I would love to make an Atlantic crossing! Fair winds when you are sailing!!

I visited the Batavia in 2000, but in early April when the ship was still de-rigged for winter. Now I will be visiting in August and I want to see the progress on the 7 Provincien. I never visit in summer the airfare is crazy!! My family is in Den Haag, but I think we will travel north, I have never been to Den Helder and I can see the navy museum there.

Sea Gull: I have been to Alkmaar, of course for the Kaas Markt! Beautiful town. We are thinking of sailing on the Ijsselmeer in a traditional fishing boat as well. All planning right now! So much to fit in - my wife wants to go to London and I want to take my son to Spa for the F1 race (and WWII battlefields). When I get back my SoG will be waiting for me!:happy:

Eric

Devsdoc
04-08-2013, 15:44
Good Day Mr Chris, Sir:salute:
I,m so happy for you:happy:. You have alway's made me feel welcome on this site. I wish you joy, and enjoyment of your new ships when You get them:g&t: I look to a time when we will meet :drinks:
Be safe Sir,
Rory

Cmmdre
04-08-2013, 18:16
:salute: Congratulations on the promotion Chris. I was wondering if maybe the paperwork got lost on the Admirals desk or something? Have a drink on me. :drinks:

RichardPF
04-08-2013, 18:41
Just noticed that I've got a pip.

I guess someone needs a party in the wardroom. Drinks on me, guys. :drinks::g&t::rum::beer::singin:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was wondering if you were a civilian advisor...

Sea Gull
04-09-2013, 03:44
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was wondering if you were a civilian advisor...

My government denies all knowledge of my presence here. :sly:

Sea Gull
04-09-2013, 03:48
Congrats Chris!

Hi Eric,

I've uploaded a couple of photos to my Batavia album that show the ship there. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too good. I know I have more showing the costruction process of the 7 Provinces, just need to find them.

You can see the photos here Batavia Album (http://sailsofglory.org/album.php?albumid=126)

7eat51
04-09-2013, 08:43
Congratulations Chris. Something tells me this is just the beginning for you. It is great sailing alongside you. :thumbsup: :g&t:

Naharaht
04-15-2013, 22:56
Congratulations, Chris.

Devsdoc
04-16-2013, 17:40
Hi Chris,
Tonight I see that I too have a Pip thingie to!
Be safe
Rory

pward
04-20-2013, 07:11
Hi Chris,
Tonight I see that I too have a Pip thingie to!
Be safe
Rory

What is a pip thingie???

Berthier
04-20-2013, 07:15
Paul underneath you anchorage name you have two yellow bars signifying your current rank, the pip thingy refers to the six petal star as on devsdoc above 2nd lt, two pip thingies are 1st Lt and after that we have to wait and see till someone gets promoted that far

Cmmdre
04-20-2013, 07:25
What is a pip thingie???

Some refer to your current rank insignia as "Butter Bars". :wink:

Capt P
04-21-2013, 17:21
CONGRATULATIONS as that is a promotion for your time here.