Thread: What's on your workbench for September?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default What's on your workbench for September?

Some bits left over from last month,

Name:  IMG_5018.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  165.9 KB

And a gun Brig from Langtons.

Name:  IMG_5020.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  117.6 KB

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

So Rob, I must ask. This is the second 1/1200 ship I have seen from you. The last you mounted on a game stand with a custom made card. Are you doing the same with this brig? I think this is a great way to expand the game. If no one minds the size difference, the number of different ship types would be almost unlimited.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

I agree with you Vol as ARES are doing no ships smaller than a slop I can see no harm in mixing it up for the smaller ships such as ketches and small merchant ships.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I already have four ships in the harbour at 1200 scale shipmates. as a background they don't notice.
    When you look at the smaller ships, they were not standard sizes anyway. They came in all shapes and sizes as did Merchantmen, so no problem there. What did surprise me was when I checked the size of the Gun Brig against the Ares Sloop which I converted into a Bomb Ketch they are the same size, albeit that the Langton model is a bit broader in the beam. Consequently they will do very well together.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is a comparison between the two ships.

Name:  IMG_5022.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  163.4 KB

Rob.

This September I'm going to start it by giving a gift to an coleage of mine. He gave me a lot of material Langton miniatures that I was not going to use and did not ask for anything in return. It did not seem right to leave this person without a small gift, so I offered him to choose a boat to build it. At first he did not know which boat to choose so I proposed him a boat that I consider very nice, the Royal Charles (Anglo-Dutch wars). I add a picture where I am basing to make this boat.

Name:  roycharles.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  199.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Here is a comparison between the two ships.

Name:  IMG_5022.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  163.4 KB

Rob.
    Waiting to see the final results.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It may be a few weeks before it comes to fruition Julián, with Doncaster coming up and a few extra days to entertain our esteemed guest from the USA.
    Rob.

This is my beginning of September

Name:  20170906_124823.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  97.1 KB

I have created a separate thread in case you want to see more photos. http://www.sailsofglory.org/showthre...Charles-(1655)

Best regards,
    Julián

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is my first completed offering for September.
    My take on Nightmoss's Orient on fire which he made for Sven's Battle of the Nile.
    I now have a British ship of the line on fire and over the next few weeks will be converting an Orient of my own to the same state.
    I will do a "How to for that ship"

Name:  IMG_5173.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  162.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5174.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  170.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5172.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  161.9 KB

Rob.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

Nice work Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Alistair. I am starting my "How to" next week all being well.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Name:  20171010_071947-1.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  126.9 KB

My cutter from Bligh works its way toward completion. Meanwhile in the background, my Neptune awaits final fitting out and painting. Things are lind of stalled out right now with little plastic ships, as we have been making a major modification to Grace, our big plastic ship prior to our voyage south for the Winter.