Thread: New Bases

Threaded View

Default New Bases

I was never really happy with the bases that came with the game. So, like the ship mats....I went and created my own.

These are pics where I'm experimenting with changing the fire arcs for the guns. I have the same bases with the standard arcs and dots as well - this just happened to the be the one on the workbench at the moment! I've also removed a lot of the ship info (never used it as it's on the ship mat, and generally too far away to be read easily), along with tightening up the wind lines so they aren't as distracting to the eye. I wanted the bases to have the info I needed to play the game, yet also be muted enough not to overpower the model or be the main focus point on the board.

I'm also thinning the bases down a lot. I never liked the look of the big thick bases, they made the models feel more like toys, less like gaming pieces. So I've chopped them in half, and trimmed the pegs to fit the new bases. Here's some snapshots of a trial base (note - the wind lines are for a British 74, the model is a Hebe class frigate I was trimming down, and the ship name is an Amazon class ship....so it's a bit of a conglomeration of things but it serves the purposes for illustration.

There is a Dropbox link below the image if you want to be able to zoom in for a bigger/more detail shot of the bases.

Name:  Ship Bases.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  179.8 KB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99zldntdbm...Bases.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 08-05-2017 at 18:32.