Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Manchester Atrocity.

On behalf of the members of the Sails of Glory Anchorage, I extend my heartfelt condolences and prayers to all those caught up in the Manchester bombing yesterday.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

I come from near Manchester, and often visited the area affected by this terrorist attack. My thoughts too are with all those affected, and with the emergency services still trying to make things better.

My condolences to those affected. What a pity that the human mind does these things ...

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Gordon

My sincerest condolences to the families of the victims of this horrific act of terrorism on Manchester yesterday, My heart goes out to the families in this time of sadness

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

My prayers are with the victims, their friends and relatives.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

What are these cretins trying to prove? My condolences to all.
    Last edited by Killick; 05-27-2017 at 23:06.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Peace to the fallen and the familes, swift recovery to the injured, and swift and merciless justice to the perps whether in the Here and Now or the Hereafter.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Well said DB.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Not to meddle in another country's politics or tell anyone how to run their turf, but... you guys really need to bring back Drawing & Quartering over there for cases like this. :(
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I think he managed that for himself DB.
    Rob.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

When I say "perps," I mean more than just the triggerman/pyro-mule... Perhaps it's time to reopen the Tower Green for business.

Guys like this are what my cop buddy and I designed the Gremlin for... there's about a two-second window while they do their ritual consecration of the coming attack to preempt, and the goal is to craft something that a skilled responder could have it deployed and lead in brainstem before the Daeshbag can finish saying Aloha Snackbar.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 05-26-2017 at 01:49.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Guys, if this awful tragedy has to be discussed here can we please keep things same, rational and respectful?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

You are quite right Dave this thread is intended for condolences.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I now have to make another entry, to send sympathy on behalf of the Anchorage to the families and victims of the latest outrage in London.
    May they show the same resilience that the people of Manchester did when terrorism struck there.
    My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all.
    Rob.

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

Yes, my sympathy to all those affected, and thanks to the excellent emergency services. I hope this is the last such attack we suffer, though sadly, I doubt it.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

My condolences to the victims of the latest London attack. My praies to the Ambo's and hospital staff who in all likely saved many more lives.